This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!) | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS - 2nd place + WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. The Dreaming

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  5. Hounds Of Love

60 vote(s)
    55.0%
  6. The Sensual World

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Feel It deserved better than #92

sfmartin likes this.
  2. What an amazing rate this was. Running Up That Hill is obviously a more than deserving winner, even if it was not my personal 11. Great, great hosting job @P'NutButter!

And that 9.9...highest score in any rate ever?

3. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Fantastic rate! Thank you so much @P'NutButter for hosting, your graphics were stunning and you got the pacing absolutely perfect.

4. I can! To me it's the type of song that everyone knows is a 10 (unless you are a contrarian rat like @abael) + is p much fated to win the artist's rate, but not many can really call it their personal absolute favorite to give it an 11
    EDIT: I thought RUTH got only one 11 ddd. Actually it makes sense Heights got only one yet still was the runner-up

Thank you so much @P'NutButter for hosting this, even tho I didn't participate in the end, this has helped me discover Kate's whole catalog and read along what the PJ public likes or dislikes about each song. Now I'll stay to see how the extras fared~

5. I know it’s not quite finished yet but @P'NutButter thank you for hosting a rate for one of my all time faves, and I love the graphics!

6. Thanks for the nice comments!

No. We've had a couple of tracks get over a 10 average. But this is a strong finish.

7. aux

aux

Whew, my 11 won. It's one of the best songs of all time, it really is. The influence this song has. I can see the ripples of this track in a lot of my favourite tracks, all through Robyn's Honey for example.

A fun fact, when /r/popheads rated Hounds of Love, Running Up That Hill got the highest average ever in a rate on /r/popheads.

8. Cheers for all the effort you've put into this @pnutbutter.11751/. It's been a fun ride
    No big surprises towards the end but there's no denying RUTH deserves the crown. It was one of many contenders for my coveted 11 and only lost out due to over familiarity. Hell, you could've picked any one of half the top twenty and I'd still have been happy.

9. *Doesn't know how to tag users*

10. The receipts are in girls, @abael is trash and wasted several hours of their life listening to Kate's lengthy discography only to troll score the entire event.
    [​IMG]

11. That's one Max Score in the next Winners Rate sorted for me! We stan!!! Great work @P'NutButter !!!

12. @P'NutButter ,Thanks for running an awesome rate! You continue to be an excellent host, (I think I haven't participated in one of your before, but watched some unfold before creatinag an account.) your artwork and background information were nice dressing for the discord. It was pretty high octane, but I think you have found the best timing for releasing the rankings. I hope I can outrun the mob long enough to be able to participate in another of your rates. With all hope, I won't ruin everything, but as I'm participating in a whole bunch of these things; and if they impact my reputation similairly, I may no longer be a problem. If so, cheers for introducing me to a good 26 songs I listen to regularly that I wouldn't have known existed otherwise.Sorry @Itty Bitty Piggy , @1991 , and various others, but banning seems a bit extreme, I'll try to be less aberrant from hereon. Should I get a Trixie avatar to start the process? PM me the scores I should be giving if you feel the need to be validated in future rates.

P'NutButter likes this.
  13. @P'NutButter the amount of work, especially in the graphics department, is honestly terrifying and terrific. You're a hero.

Just to know, would Running cross the 10.00 mark without a certain user?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  14. So... the album/era (?) averages were:

8.44 Hounds of Love
    8.37 The Dreaming
    7.94 The Sensual World
    7.85 The Kick Inside
    7.61 Never For Ever
    7.54 Aerial
    7.37 Lionheart
    7.33 The Red Shoes
    7.13 50 Words For Snow
    6.3 The Director's Cut
    5.96 The Other Sides

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  15. How my averages (in bold) compare, by era:

8.44 Hounds of Love - 9.26
    8.37 The Dreaming - 9.71
    7.94 The Sensual World - 8.5
    7.85 The Kick Inside - 7.31
    7.61 Never For Ever - 8.61
    7.54 Aerial - 2.34
    7.37 Lionheart - 6.15
    7.33 The Red Shoes - 6.63 (let down by some dud B-sides)
    7.13 50 Words For Snow - 2.32
    6.3 The Director's Cut - 3.23
    5.96 The Other Sides - 7.71

So I scored 5 eras higher than the average score, and 6 eras below the average score.

I'd say that's reasonably balanced.

16. [​IMG]

Aester, JMRGBY, slurmjunkie and 7 others like this.
  17. Just wanted to join the chorus of thanks and commendations for @P'NutButter; it's been interesting and I've looked forward to the daily reveals. Well, at least since Aerial and 50 Words stopped being trashed daily, which scarred my soul. I'm in awe of your graphics skills, and feel like we should all PayPal you 20 quid or something.

18. @P'NutButter your painstaking commentment to running down this huge discography was wonderful. Your artwork was second to none. Thank you so much for taking the time with this. Kate is my favourite artist and having this rate was a gift.

That being said, some of the scores were absolute choices. I had 40 tens so it was always going to be painful, but the placings of most of the songs from Aerial and 50 Words should be a crime. Its astounding Sunset and Nocturn made it so high all things considered. l was also really shocked Deeper Understanding (original) didn't even make the top 30.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.