This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS #89-88!) | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (RESULTS #89-88!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. The Dreaming

20 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Hounds Of Love

48 vote(s)
    53.3%
  6. The Sensual World

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. Aerial

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. "mmh, yes"

2. I think I do need to do this!! Be rude not too! I probably won't do commentary as not overly familiar, but shall chip along in the results!

3. LTG

LTG

[​IMG]

4. I am starting in order and gonna give The Kick Inside, my first ever listen!!

5. I’ve been curious about Kate for a long while now, I may use this rate to get into her proper since I only know Hounds of Love. Excited to get stuck in!

6. My mum is a Kate Bush mega fan so I’ve heard all of these albums incidentally over the years and have my favourite songs from each, but I’ve only ever sat down properly with Hounds of Love so this will be fun. I might even tell my mum and see if she wants to vote!

1991, enjoy v2.0, LeBratt and 6 others like this.
  7. Hmmm I'm gonna try and do this.

8. Got my remasters and I'm ready to go! Gosh, I need to re-think my scoring system for this rate. How do I separate my favourite songs of all time from those that are just regular masterpieces and then from those that are objective 10s?
    [​IMG]

LeBratt, andru, Wild Man. and 7 others like this.
  9. I am so excited for this rate! I've been listening to a bunch of Kate recently and finally listened to her albums I hadn't heard front to back for the 2019 Album Challenge/to prepare for this rate! I am currently working on my adjusted scoring guide otherwise I would go full @Music Is Life and send in a ballot of 60 10's.

10. Do it. You know you wanna.

LeBratt, andru, Lila and 1 other person like this.
  11. The kii is I will make this insane system and still end up with at least 20 10's

LeBratt, andru, JonBcn and 1 other person like this.
  12. This is going to be.. tough. I know what's getting my 11 though.

Karvel, LeBratt, andru and 2 others like this.
  13. 20 isn't enough for one of your faves though.

LeBratt and P'NutButter like this.
  14. Do people want to rate Director's Cut as a whole for the sake of completion, or do you think having the two tracks is enough of a representation?

15. Perhaps the songs that had the most re-structuring. For example Moments of Pleasure, This Woman's Work and Rubberband Girl but.. it's your rate. I'm fine either way!

16. I don't know how kind I will be to the post- Red Shoes output tbh.

17. aux

aux

Can we rate with a 0? Sis re-recorded this song through a sock.

18. I’m.....going to struggle with the back half of Aerial.

Baby Clyde and Verandi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.