This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (VOTE FINALLY CLOSED!) | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (VOTE FINALLY CLOSED!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. The Dreaming

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Hounds Of Love

42 vote(s)
    52.5%
  6. The Sensual World

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Aerial

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Please be nice to Sunset and How to Be Invisible!

sfmartin, 31entrance and P'NutButter like this.
  2. Can't wait to get this bloody started now!. Votes will close on Friday and the results will kick off Monday and it'll probably be 2-3 eliminations a day?

sfmartin, AGiantSheep, aux and 6 others like this.
  3. And Never Be Mine!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. We are not, I repeat, not, going to tank Aerial when it contains Joanni, Somewhere in Between and Nocturn. It's not her best album, but come on, it's not all zeroes. I'd even go as far as to say there's not a single zero in this rate.

5. @P'NutButter - can you please give the GMT for the closing time?

6. Hurrah! Like the sound of the speed of this.

DominoDancing likes this.
  7. I literally only have Aerial and 50 Words for Snow left, plus the extras. I am hoping to have them done tomorrow, but I may be last-minute Thursday.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. It's coming I promise, I just have a couple albums left, and have to figure out my 11.

P'NutButter likes this.
  9. Same problem here, can't decide what gets my 11.

P'NutButter likes this.
  10. What song do we think is gonna go first?

11. aux

aux

Rubberband Girl, the Director’s Cut version

12. I'd be happy with that! Has nothing on the original that's for sure for me.

13. I am finding myself more and more drawn to Constellation of the Heart ...which is surprisingly on brand for me.

I can't help but love it, cheesy production and all.

14. When exactly on Friday (GMT preferred) does this end?

15. Probably 6PM?

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  16. Forgot about this for a moment, I'll submit my scores shortly.

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. 6PM GMT Friday gives me until early Saturday morning...

Though I've only got one album and about two-thirds of the extras to rate.

P'NutButter likes this.
  18. I'll do the commentary only for my 11, I've been so busy, luckily I have only two albums to go!

P'NutButter likes this.
  19. Just read the entire thread to catch up as I give each album a listen (for the likes, you're welcome). Some thoughts;

- I will rip off heads at those who have done Aerial dirty. Masterpiece, literally a masterpiece. @ohnoitisnathan, I wish you.. an ounce of luck in this rate.
    - The tea is.. The Sensual World is lyrically much than Flower of the Mountain, for real. The fact she went away after being denied the sample and wrote something more sensual and well crafted than the original? Talent.
    - Misty is that girl, one of her best songs. Kate has a real knack for writing about sexuality. "The more I think about sex, the better it gets!" me and you both.
    - @P'NutButter I echo your thoughts about L'Amour. For years I wrote it off as filler before realising it's a fantastic and the most underrated on the album.
    - Under The Ivy, Never Be Mine, Sunset, The Red Shoes.. it would be a crime if any of these flop.
    - I get big femme energy from her music. Yes she rarely writes autobiographically and her lyrics are quite gender neutral but I don't know, I truly feel her presence as a woman across all her albums? She writes about femininity like no other. Especially on her later albums like The Sensual World, The Red Shoes and Aerial. I don't feel like I've articulated this point well but I'm sure some of you will know what I mean.
    - The most obvious point and maybe an area where she doesn't quite get her respect(?) is her LGBTQ+ storytelling. Albums one, two and three were filled with queer moments. She wasn't scared to speak on subjects that were taboo or hush hush.
    - I thought my 11 was picked but suddenly.. I don't know.

I've yet to listen to the remasters and after deciding to do The Kick Inside, I'm giving everything a re-listen. So my scores might not come til tomorrow, I'll save commentary for the reveals.

20. aux

aux

I had to do the same. I think this will be a spicy rate with some hot takes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.