This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (VOTE FINALLY CLOSED!) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

This Woman's Complete Work: The Kate Bush discography rate (VOTE FINALLY CLOSED!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Favourite Kate Bush album?

1. The Kick Inside

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Lionheart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never For Ever

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. The Dreaming

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Hounds Of Love

42 vote(s)
    52.5%
  6. The Sensual World

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. The Red Shoes

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Aerial

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  9. Director's Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 50 Words For Snow

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. I agree with all you said, BUT

2. Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. Also, King Of The Mountain gives me ''Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage OST -Autumn Plains'', which is amazing

4. Without giving too much away, I haven't actually zeroed the whole 'Aerial' album bar 'King of the Mountain'.

But even if I had, I don't think it makes that huge a difference on the average once you've got 20 or so participants.

Trouble in Paradise and 1991 like this.
  5. Averages:
    • The Kick Inside - 7.8 (2 x 10's)
    • Lionheart - 6.8 (1 x 10)
    • Never For Ever - 7.3 (3 x 10's)
    • The Dreaming - 8.0 (2 x 10's) the last half of the album is a knockout.
    • Hounds of Love - 8.7 (6 x 10's)
    • The Sensual World - 8.4 (3 x 10's, 1 x 11)
    • The Red Shoes - 7.3 (4 x 10's).. shame about the last half of the album.
    • Aerial - 7.6 (4 x 10's) the interludes brought this down.
    • Directors Cut - 6.6 (0 x 10)
    • 50 Words For Snow - 7.2 (2 x 10's)

6. Yeah, when I close up shop on the voting.

əʊæ, Trouble in Paradise and aux like this.
  7. SUBMITTED! I'll have to comment on some as we go along as well.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. Definitely won't finish this, but throwing into the wind that "The Sensual World" would've been my 11, and "The Dreaming" my fave album.

9. Jam

Jam

Submitted. Minimal commentary done. Why real life has insisted in getting in my way... I'll be having words.

10. Yes, I somehow made it. Scored everything and just sent in the results. And while I did commentary...it's rough. I hope y'all like reading lots of two word throwaway comments.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 7:38 PM
    P'NutButter and ohnoitisnathan like this.
  11. My scores are in! I didn't manage any commentary but will hopefully join in with some along the way... Walk Straight Down the Middle needs to be out first, thanks. xo

P'NutButter likes this.
  12. This rate is gonna traumatise me. Of the zeros most recently mentioned, Walk Straight Down the Middle and King of the Mountain both got 10s from me!

My scores coming before the deadline, promise!

OspreyQueen, əʊæ and P'NutButter like this.
  13. Y'all really waited until the last minute to submit scores...

[​IMG]

lob0to, Jam, DominoDancing and 6 others like this.
  14. This gif really speaks to hosting a rate

lob0to, P'NutButter and əʊæ like this.
  15. Trying to finish the scores of some of the b sides

[​IMG]

16. I am so close! Frantically finishing up.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  17. I did commentary for all tracks... but have got a feeling some of you are not going to like some of it.

18. I've only been able to give scores to the main albums and won't get a chance to do the b-sides properly so will likely have to sit this one out, unfortunately.

I will, of course, be following along.

P'NutButter and Verandi like this.
  19. I am so amazed at how her discography is so solid and consistent, I also agree with @1991 when they said there is a very prominent feminine quality with her music, especially in records as The Dreaming and The Sensual World, there is a certain earthy quality to her producing, I always wondered how she would have been as a producers of other acts.

Director's Cut is definitely the most disappointing, but more because bar some songs, for an instance the reworked version of Moments Of Pleasure which I found extremely moving, some of the songs have pointless reworks (Never Be Mine, that to be fair should be heralded as a classic in Kate Bush repertoire), it is still a decent album, but quite disappointing for her standards.

Also I feel the reworked version of Wuthering Heights is superior to the original, Kate Bush really came to her own vocally speaking from The Dreaming on, she really displayed such a range of emotions and layers that her first years kind of lacked.

I also find always so extremely interesting how she created The Dreaming, for instance drinking milk and eating chocolate to have that raucous voice, I'd also would say that it slightly edges Hounds Of Love as her best work (Hounds Of Love is obviously a classic masterpiece)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.