Thrift Shop finds | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Thrift Shop finds

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by torontodj, Feb 2, 2017.

1. I like it! It's more electronic than their earlier stuff but it's not a complete departure.

ModeRed likes this.
  2. This xx promo for a princely 33p.

[​IMG]

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  3. I need more interesting finds like that...

4. Their version of “Teardrops” is wonderful.

5. Could be worth checking your local Poundland, if you haven’t already?

ModeRed likes this.
  6. Mary Lorson’s solo albums are also good - first one was as Saint Low, the single from it (“On the Outside”) was lovely.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  7. Hadn’t thought of that! Now where did I last see a branch!

8. On a tree?, we have loads of poundland where i live at least 6 and 3 of them are the big ones, but i never seem to find anything worth buying in them.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. My favourite branch:

[​IMG]

hamicle likes this.
  10. Poundland is rubbish. half the stuff isn't even a pound anymore!

ModeRed likes this.
  11. It's time they dropped the CDs in Poundland to two CDs for £1.

If not 3.

Or even 4.

I used to buy loads from them but nowadays a used CD for £1 which you can't check the disc seems too expensive - especially when half the time the case turns out to be broken or disc skips, despite claims of them having being "refurbished".

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. I have actually picked up a handful of gems from Poundland over the years, including Deee-Lite's and Julia Fordham's debuts, an 80s Jermaine Jackson album, Alexander O'Neal's debut complete with red inner tray, and, well, lots of other things.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Today I bought the following

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X
    Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair - Original Mercury cd release
    Madonna - Confessions
    Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame - Original CD release
    Soul Devotion - 2cd compilation
    The Fall - Totally Wired - The Rough Trade 2cd Anthology

£2 for the lot thankyouverymuch!

ModeRed, lob0to and imcal like this.
  14. Ooh, The Fall is worth that regardless. I dug out my original TFF one today as well, i can never be bothered to play the deluxes. I think Songs may be my most purchased album, original tape, vinyl and cd, 1998 reissue, 2005 deluxe, 2014 deluxe. Too many!

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Same! (And I just added the SDE to that list recently....hope the pre-order comes through).

Nice haul. Becoming X is a fave of the 90s for me.

16. I don't really like the fall, but couldn't not buy it, so if anyone wants it.....answers on a postcard :)

ModeRed likes this.
  17. I think there are more stock available today, they'd be daft not to manufacture a few more sets whilst the interest lasts. I'll add Becoming X to the list on that recommendation, thanks EG.

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Becoming X is one of those seminal mid/late-90s albums for me, along with Dummy, Mezzanine and Walking Wounded.

dancevision likes this.
  19. You don’t like the Fall...???

I’d pretend to be incredulous but as a die hard indie kid, liking them comes built in I think, with others it’s not always so!

20. I have several Fall CDs, a couple of comps and a couple of boxsets but that Rough Trade set looks a bit "die-hards only".

ModeRed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.