Thrift Shop finds | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

Thrift Shop finds

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by torontodj, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Something Special is a great Dusty compilation. First time I’d heard many of those tracks.

Guyhawke!, imcal and torontodj like this.
  2. Have found some interesting items lately:

- Not a huge Tori Amos fan but I found a mint condition of the Piano collection. Beautiful design (back when Rhino still put love and care into their box set designs)
    - Found sealed copies of both Jason Donovan’s Between the Lines and Five Star’s Shine (originals, not reissues)
    - a promo CD of Expose's Tell Me Why

[​IMG]

Isobel, CDMCLP, lob0to and 1 other person like this.
  3. Wow at the mint Piano.

torontodj and ModeRed like this.
  4. It was a nice surprise. The owner took good care of it. I do wonder how it made its way there. Not to sound morbid, but I assume it was from someone's estate and the estate didn't realize the value? Obviously I could be 100% wrong but I have to wonder.

Eric Generic and CDMCLP like this.
  5. Whenever i find things like that I assume someone’s collection got donated en masse and no one at charity store really checked it.

torontodj and Eric Generic like this.
  6. Yeah, it was a bit surprising to see it just sitting there with the other CDs. Usually they place items like this with the showcase items behind the counter. It was priced $14.99 (Canadian) which I thought was pretty reasonable considering it's out of print.

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  7. I burn with jealousy over that Piano find!

torontodj and Eric Generic like this.
  8. This is why I love Popjustice. You understand the significance of finding this...

Isobel, Eric Generic and ModeRed like this.
  9. I've gotten quite lucky with my second hand CD findings recently.

Just today I found:
    -Hella Goldfrapp, including The Singles, We Are Glitter, Supernature (Deluxe w/ DVD), a sealed Silver Eye and several maxi singles.
    -Dead or Alive Fan the Flame Pt. 1 (Original Japan CD)
    -Madonna Rebel Heart (Super Deluxe)
    -Pet Shop Boys Elysium + Further Listening and a sealed Yes (standard).
    -a-ha Minor Earth/Major Sky
    -
    Selena Amor Prohibido (Original non-remastered US CD)
    -This very generous remix compilation.

Other recent findings:
    Art of Noise - Best Of (Japan Version)
    Gary Numan - Double sets of Tubeway Army / Dance and Replicas / The Plan
    Devo - Double set of Oh No It's Devo / Freedom of Choice
    Kraftwerk - The Robots (Maxi Single), Trans-Europe Express, Autobahn, Tour De France Soundtracks
    Pet Shop Boys - Bilingual (Special Edition w/ Remix disc)
    Emma Bunton - Maybe (German Maxi Single)

It's sinful how little I had to pay for all of these. The haul from today was around $25 and I didn't list everything. I'm grateful CDs have become so cheap and that this habit doesn't hurt my wallet too much, but I only have so much space!

ModeRed, hownee, Daniel L and 4 others like this.
  10. Made my first visit in 2022 to my local charity shops today and bought these....

DVDs (paid 25p each for the Adele & David Gilmour DVDs & 10p for the Anastacia DVD)
    Adele-Live At The Royal Albert Hall (DVD & CD set)
    David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)-Remember That Night:Live At The Royal Albert Hall (2 DVDs)
    Anastacia-Live At Last (2 DVDs)

CDs
    Now That's What I Call Drivetime (3 CD set-paid 25p for it)
    Blondie-The Platinum Collection (2 CD compilation from 1994-paid 50p for it)

ModeRed, Eric Generic and CDMCLP like this.
  11. That's a great Blondie compilation, probably my favourite as it captures probably everything most people would ever need pre-comeback.

12. A few finds yesterday in Darlington whilst waiting for my car MOT.
    Goldfrapp - Supernature CD & DVD Edition 30p!
    Madonna - Hung Up CD 2 Single - thought i was missing this but turns out not. 30p
    Bat For Lashes - Fur & Gold 50p

Not too shabby!

CDMCLP, lob0to and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Insania, as Sir Peter Andre might say.

dipitybix likes this.
  14. Kinda felt guilty handing over my 60p in that shop considering the Goldfrapp CD&DVD is £8+ on Discogs.

15. The Smiths Complete, Rhino 8 CD box set, £1 in a charity shop, median value £71 on Discogs,

hamicle, ModeRed, The_Rani and 3 others like this.
  16. WTF???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find of the century.

Anthboy1 and CDMCLP like this.
  17. Some great buys!

18. Think my local shops must be too savvy - never get anything that great on the shelf that cheap!

19. I was amazed to be fair, the CDs are 3 for £1, the young lass behind the counter said ‘there’s probably 3 CDs in there so that’s gonna be £1’, it’s a really well made smart box set,

CDMCLP and Eric Generic like this.
  20. The replica sleeves are beautiful. Really good quality packaging.

Anthboy1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.