Thrift Shop finds | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

Thrift Shop finds

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by torontodj, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Today's charity shop purchases-paid just over £2 in total for all of these CDs....

Now That's What I Call Disney (four CD version including bonus Christmas disc)
    Now That's What I Call Sing (three CD set)
    The Solid Silver 60s Greatest Hits (three CD set)
    Massive Hits! 80s Remix (three CD set)
    Rod Stewart-Maggie May:The Essential Collection (two CD set)
    Now That's What I Call Music 30 (two CD set)
    Classic Country:Stars (Time Life two CD set)
    Classic Country:1975-1979 (Time Life two CD set)
    Queen-Queen Rocks

Also bought a copy of the Alan Partridge book Nomad for 20p from one of the charity shops i bought some of the CDs from.

2. I can only share this news on Popjustice because I know you will all understand the significance of this particular find, and the joy and emotional resonance.

Today, after 22 years, I made a discovery of such joy...

[​IMG]

...a find that brought me to tears...

[​IMG]

...the 2000 One Way reissue of Sheena Easton's Best Kept Secret in mint condition. Beside Girls Aloud's Tangled Up.

Popjustice Heaven.

3. Which can only mean a deluxe Best Kept Secret reissue is about to be announced soon.

You're welcome.

4. It's what the world needs in these trying times...

[​IMG]

Eric Generic and torontodj like this.
  5. A few months ago, I found a mint-condition Sony SACD player with a converter attached.

Yesterday I found a bunch of used SACDs in great condition. I don't normally find them.

- Carole King Tapestry
    - Kenny Loggins: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: The Greatest Hits of Kenny Loggins
    - My Fair Lady Soundtrack
    - Michael Bolton Greatest Hits
    - Dinah Washington: What a Diff'rence a Day Makes
    - The Mission Soundtrack

And cassettes of Bonnie Tyler's Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire and the follow-up Notes from America.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.