Tidying up with Marie Kondo (Cleaning inspiration on Netflix) | The Popjustice Forum

Tidying up with Marie Kondo (Cleaning inspiration on Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by KamikazeHeart, Jan 5, 2019.

1. One episode in and I'm already planning to go through all my clothes to feel what sparks joy for me.

Lander, Mvnl, Leopold and 9 others like this.
  2. I watched an episode and it was the weirdest thing ever. Her telling them to say thank you to the clothes and seeing if you have a connection to them. Wtf

Island, Stradiwhovius and ohaimanabu like this.
  3. She is so... unhealthy

Dennis and Beautiful Child 2 like this.
  4. Marie Kondo 2020

5. There’s something incredibly calming and soothing about watching this show.

6. Is that Rachel from The People's Couch in the trailer?!

7. I watched about 5 minutes and it felt very, very strange.

8. THIS SHOW SPARKS JOY

Leopold, ohnostalgia, Island and 4 others like this.
  9. This show isn't doing a good job at changing the myth of straight men being worthless at household chores.

10. pdf

pdf

ok I've binged the whole series and done a major clear out at home...... but I'm finding Marie herself incredibly twee and annoying.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  11. Episode one didn't spark any joy, so I'm going to pass on this one. Thank you.

Uno, ohaimanabu and If You Go like this.
  12. I've heard people talking about this Marie Kondo woman and I thought it was a new way of saying faggot in Spanish (it's maricón) ddd

The trailer looks cute. I might give it a go when I'm back in the UK and have to jump over my clothes to get in bed.

Lander, Digital_Fossil, Jóga and 7 others like this.
  13. I watched a few episodes, and during the first I was distracted by just how little the husband sparked joy. Fold him up, thank him for his service, and send him on his journey, girl.

Mvnl, Lander, He and 13 others like this.
  14. I hate that I love this, it’s like the comfy version of hoarders

15. I watched the first episode and wanna clean my closet again

Mvnl and Digital_Fossil like this.
  16. This played in the background whilst I did a bit of DIY, and MY LIFE CHANGED FOREVER

No seriously, this is actually very good for calming my anxieties.

17. I'm definitely a Marie Kondo convert despite laughing at the first episode. When I start acquiring too much 'stuff' it definitely affects my mood so I always ruthlessly clear out my wardrobe and apartment once a month or so. Watching other people do it is really satisfying but also Marie definitely has a very calming effect.

Mvnl, Island and VivaForever like this.
  18. This show has revolutionised the way I’m living. Especially my work ethic. Now I open an email and see if it sparks joy. If it doesn’t, I delete it.

Leopold, Lander, He and 11 others like this.
  19. Genius.

papatrick likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.