Tiffany | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

Tiffany

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by CatastropheBoy, Dec 28, 2015.

1. ''No Rules'' & ''Can't Stop A Heartbeat'' are my faves. Hope all the b-sides end up on streaming/download. Also hoping the recent upload of the ''Could've Been'' single is a positive step to finally getting a Tiff box set.

russkitten and idratherjack like this.

2. I absolutely love this 1990 song from The Jetsons soundtrack, should have been a big hit.

Pink Frost, russkitten and Rich T like this.
  3. I often come back to the New Inside album. It's great. Shame it flopped so badly - was it the lack of promotion? The lead single didn't even get a video.

She performed "It's You" on TV (skip to 1:40 to avoid the chatter with Bronson Pinchot):

WarZard and idratherjack like this.

4. I love the performance of ''Here In My Heart'' from the same show, particularly the ''until theeeeeeeeen'' part.

WarZard, russkitten and idratherjack like this.
  5. The whole era was very mishandled. New Inside not getting a video, or a push. Her promoting other songs on TV. MCA really let go.

Pink Frost likes this.
  6. MCA really lost their way in 1990-91. All their big acts from just 1-2 years before were flopping badly - Jody, Sheena, The Jets, Tiffany...

7. Ruthless is such a bop, wow. Get these b-sides on some much needed Deluxe Editions Tiff!

idratherjack likes this.
  8. I love Ruthless. Is this a different version than the one on her 4th album Dreams Never Die, I think it is slightly better?

idratherjack likes this.
  9. Yes it was re-worked for Dreams Never Die but the original 80s version is superior. She had so many great B-sides so I really hope we end up getting digital EPs if nothing else. They could even put I Think We're Alone Now (Single Version) on streaming, god forbid!

Pink Frost and Rich T like this.
  10. If they are remastering the first 4 Debbie Gibson albums they should at least do the first two Tiffany albums with all the b-sides.

idratherjack likes this.
  11. Is...she okay?

12. Yeah she did a video about that recently, she says it’s a panic attack but she seems drunk to me but I guess it’s more professional to say a panic attack. It’s a shame as normally she nails her vocals.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  13. ''New Inside'' single now uploaded to Spotify, folks.

idratherjack likes this.
  14. Any mixes or B-sides?

Great to see Tiffany starting to have more material put on streaming!

Pink Frost and Rich T like this.
  15. Yup! 12" Extended, 7'' Edit, Bonus Beats & Instrumental.

Pink Frost and idratherjack like this.
  16. Amazing!

[​IMG]

Rich T likes this.
  17. idratherjack likes this.
  18. Nice to know it charted somewhere!

I quite like New Inside now but I have to confess I don't think that New Jack Swing sound really suited Tiffany's voice at all. Far prefer her singing pop or soft rock.

Wonder if we will get a surprise on streaming tomorrow? Hope so!

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  19. I never warmed to New Inside, the song or the album. The group New Kids on the Block sound didn't suit her and the songs were not as catchy. I only like "Back in the Groove" and "Here In My Heart."

Far prefer Dreams Never Die.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  20. I’ve never heard either of these albums. I joined the Tiffany train with ‘The Color of Silence’ so would love a boxset of the earlier stuff.

Pink Frost likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.