Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. K94

K94

Ginuwine's 'When Doves Cry' cover and its video are a kiiiiiiii

2. K94

K94

Is this the rate where quarter points are allowed?

3. They are allowed yes!

K94 likes this.
  4. K94

K94

The 'Tunnel Vision' video makes me angry - what a song ruined by whatever that is.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  5. 1 HOUR LEFT! I know there are still some people working on it so make sure you send it in time! If everything goes well I may reveal #59 a few minutes after the voting closes.

[​IMG]

6. K94

K94

I'm on Missy wait for meeee

londonrain and KingBruno like this.
  7. There are also two people that send in incomplete ballots so that's a bit of a problem right now...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    londonrain likes this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I thought we had tomorrow too, if you could push the deadline to something for us North Americans I would love it. Not all of us are UK.

KingBruno likes this.
  9. I'll leave submissions open for tonight then! Let's go with the latest timezone and I guess it's close to 11 hours left in that case?

EDIT: There's also still someone else that forgot to put in one score. I hope I get a reply soon.

10. I hope this is a hint to our first loss.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    DJHazey, berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  11. Sis...

12. K94

K94

You will not blaspheme in this household AGAIN!

13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Are you trying to get everyone to throw 10s at Beyoncé or what?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  14. Okay so I can now announce that the voting period is officialy OVER! I'm more than happy with the 31 submissions that I received and I hope everyone is okay with the amount! I'm going to reveal #59 very soon so stay tuned.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  15. We're finally here! With 31 participants in total, the ranking is finally complete. Now let's take a look what song ended up last..

So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me you gotta listen carefully.

[​IMG]

Mel B - Word Up!
    Score: 3,880645161

Highest score: 9 x 1 (@londonrain)
    Lowest score: 0 x 4 (@GhettoPrincess, @ufint, @Serg., @Furball)
    My score: 3/10

How unfortunate! Former Spice Girl takes the role as a victim for the first elimination. In my opinion, it's rightly so. "Word Up!", to me, sounds like a record that tries super hard to come over as 'experimental' but ends up being nothing more than weird. It's also way too noisy. A team-up from Mel B and Timbaland could've been so much more!

As you may know, "Word Up!" is a cover released in 1999 from the original version by Cameo – one that has received many popular covers throughout the years. It didn't do very well on the charts, peaking at #14 in the UK and only reaching two other countries. It got featured on the Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me soundtrack and later on the Japanese edition of her album Hot.

Many of you commenters were unpleasently surprised by the cover. Sprockrooster (4) understandably said "What The Fuck". haps (3) gives a similar reply: "Oh my god. MESS." 'Mess' is a perfect way to describe this!

berserkboi (8) doesn't mind it: "Not quite as good as the original but holds its own…" The ellipsis makes me wonder. DJHazey (1) angrily states that "This is an insult because I stan for the Korn version of this song and her voice couldn't be more grating on it in comparison.
    " What about the Little Mix version, though?

GhettoPrincess (0) purely hates on it: "AWFUL! I’m embarrassed to know ya mate." Poor Melanie! ohnostalgia (3) comments with "HMMMMM." Yes, this songs needs some time to process. Heaven on Earth (1,5) calls out the producer that this rate is about: "This isn’t very good, is it? Definitely pales to the original. Timbaland’s production is also very uninspired here." He can definitely do better.

We close with iheartpoptarts (6) who says "Tryhard wannabe futuristic late late 90s is never not hilarious." That sums up it all, doesn't it?

Is this the official video? I don't know. What I do know is that it's as creepy as the song itself.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

That video- I couldn't figure out if she was hatching eggs or what.

17. The part that confused me the most was whether she was making love to a sword or not.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. I was confused as to why there were so many covers in this rate. The other one wasn't bad, this one on the other hand...horrible.

19. That other one got an even worse score from me. Hehe.

iheartpoptarts and slaybellz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.