Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Denemarken, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I gave it a 7/10 because I was afraid Prince fans would come after me otherwise, guess I was worried about nothing.

Wanna bet?

This one is always stuck in my head from hearing just a few times like 20 years ago.

Sprockrooster and iheartpoptarts like this.
  2. It's not the Prince version so I'm not sure why you had to worry about that.

Denemarken, londonrain and DJHazey like this.
  3. Word Up was far from my lowest score so sad it was the first casualty. Happy When Doves Cry is out, next Katy Perry and PCD please!

londonrain likes this.
  4. Just when I thought I couldn't stan you any harder, too! That game was ridiculous in the best way.

DJHazey and londonrain like this.
  5. Seconded. I'm no great fan of either cover version but both exceed those atrocities by far...

AshleyKerwin and berserkboi like this.
  6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I'm surprised that When Doves Cry made the UK top ten and yet Pony only peaked at #16. What kind of flop chart result?

Also, I have three more 2s, one 1 and one zero that can all leave around now, thanks. (None of these are the Katy Perry song or the PCD song.)

Sprockrooster and berserkboi like this.
  7. At least Pony is guaranteed to make the top 10 here!

don't let me down Popjustice

8. Weird times for R&B in the UK - a lot of Aaliyah and Ginuwine singles in that time-frame struggled to get distribution in the biggest retailers (supermarkets and Woolworths) for their first week, so Top 10 positions were almost impossible. When a song did (see When Doves Cry), it tended to achieve a high first-week position simply through being AVAILABLE!

Which reminds me - am I right? Is SWV's Can We missing from this rate!!!!???

HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!!!??

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I guess it depends on whether people watched this video before sending in their scores:

[​IMG]

Ashlee Simpson - Murder
    Score: 4,956451613

Highest score: 10 x 1 (@Sprockrooster)
    Lowest score: 0 x 2 (@Heaven on Earth, @slaybellz)
    My score: 8,5/10

Honestly, I didn't see this one coming. I actually think this one is pretty good! Timbaland's work on here is absolutely stunning; the production creates a rather dark but interesting atmosphere. I'm not really into Ashlee Simpson myself – which doesn't necessarily come from the SNL debacle – but Bittersweet World was a step towards the right direction for her in my opinion. And yes, I'd call "Murder" a highlight.

On September 8 2007, Ashlee gave a sneak peek of the album to MTV. She described Bittersweet World as a record that was based on beats more than guitars, unlike her previous releases. "Murder" was chosen as an example to display that statement.

Let's begin with DJHazey (8) who doesn't want to commit crimes by avoiding the truth: "Ashlee always does her best to hypnotize me into submission with this one but I'd be lying if I called it an album favorite." tylerc904 (6) sort of agrees: "I do love this Ashlee album quite a bit, but this is in the bottom three from it." iheartpoptarts (6) sounds like she has a plan: "Maybe the Ashlee haters will torpedo this and save the other one…" I wonder.

AshleyKerwin (7,5) states that "This sounds like a villain song from a Disney Channel original movie but good for Ashlee for trying something new."
    ohnostalgia (3) isn't a fan:
    "Competent vocals, songcraft, and taste. What are: Things Ashlee Murdered." Sounds like a great book with many pages!
    Heaven on Earth (0) brings back awful memories by posting a GIF: [​IMG] I still feel bad for her career.

Let's close with the first 10-scorer in this rate, Sprockrooster (10), who's completely here for it: "This is both a lyrical masterpiece as a magnificent production. It is a bit sad it is sitting on a flopped album as an albumtrack."

The song barely got any promotion. So ... I'll just drop this. We love you Ashlee!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  11. The worst song in the rate is finally out. Yes!

I feel a little bad about that GIF. That was a little too shady, I admit.

londonrain and slaybellz like this.
  12. Not a good sign of things to come, that's for damn sure.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Perfect. Although the other one is worse.

14. I hate this opinion with a passion!

15. Ashlee Simpson doing "knock off What You Waiting For by Gwen Stefani" is still roughly 20 times better than most other singles...

Though admittedly only just in the Top 40 of this particular rate...

Number likes this.
  16. Oh no.

londonrain likes this.
  17. Ddddd "I didn't know what to do so I thought i'd do a hoedown" I quote that all the time. Iconic.

But yes i'm glad this is out.

18. If Outta My Head could manage to get into the Top 40, I'd be satisfied.

19. Based on my scores, these are the first set of songs I'd like to see go:

Aaliyah - One In A Million
    Beyoncé - Rocket
    Björk - Innocence
    Justin Timberlake - Blue Ocean Floor
    Justin Timberlake - Until the End of Time ft. Beyoncé
    Missy Elliott - Pass That Dutch
    Missy Elliott - Sock It 2 Me ft. Da Brat

Sprockrooster and iheartpoptarts like this.
  20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Why did you even vote?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.