Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Great. Let’s get Katy out next.

Heaven on Earth likes this.
  2. Justin and Timbaland made some legitimately great songs together. Carry Out is not one of them.

kermit_the_frog and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. I don't usually get bent out of shape about lyrics, but that song tests even me in that area. The boppiness carries it to a 6.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

There's a video? This is news to me.

5. K94

K94

I was ready to trash Carry Out but I was bopping tbh. Despite the numerous disastrous lyrics, the production is rather good and that is what we're here for!

6. I remember hating "Carry Out" when it initially came out, but when I listened to it for this rate it actually wasn't as bad as I remember. Oh well.

7. Shakira and Rocket can vacate VERY soon if I am concerned. I know Partition will not go soon.

Glad Michael Jackson is hanging on. As he always get unjustifiable cut very soon in rates he is involved in.

DJHazey and londonrain like this.
  8. This MJ song actually deserves to go out next.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Or this gigantic bop

SADFACE 2.0

10. Bobby Valentino was one of those male RNB I got behind so easily for some reason. Sad his career didnot take off as Tell Me is also brilliant. And also Timbaland I think.

11. I miss Get On The Bus too.

Destiny's Child - Get On the Bus

12. The most egregiously missing song is this:

13. Carry Out is a bop but bye at the other 3.

14. Songs I'm desperately missing in this rate:
    • Missy Elliott - One Minute Man
    • Utada - Exodus '04 and Let Me Give You My Love
    • Duran Duran - Nite Runner
    • New Kids On The Block - Twisted

Ack.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  15. K94

K94

Poor @KingBruno but this was also sorely missed!

[​IMG]

Michael Jackson - Slave to the Rhythm
    Score: 5,733870968

Highest score: 10 x 1 (@GhettoPrincess)
    Lowest score: 0,5 x 1 (@Heaven on Earth)
    My score: 5/10

Okay guys I need to share something with y'all. Recently I was listening Dutch radio and a DJ referred to Jason Derulo as the true King of Pop! I was beyond shook.

Anyway, I'm not really a fan of this one. I automatically compare this to Michael's pop anthems and it ... doesn't make it much better. Posthumous music doesn't do it for me most of the times I guess.

"Slave to the Rhythm" is the 5th track of Michael's second posthumous album, Xscaple. It never got released as a single, but did have some impact on music charts due to digital downloads and streaming. It's most famous for its "hologram" performence at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, which made the song debut at number 45 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Let's start with the ones that dislike it. Here's Heaven on Earth (0,5): Invincible was the last album Michael Jackson left to the world, and in my heart, it remains that way. Xscape has been disrespectful to his legacy, in my opinion, especially considering that Timbaland and other producers remixed these unreleased songs. I only gave this a half-star because it’s Michael, but I’m truly disgusted by this." Don't blame Timbo! Serg. (2) feels the same: "I love MJ to death, but not this shit." send photo (4) is right and states that "Grace Jones >>>."

iheartpoptarts (5) says "It’s hard to know what to do in a production rate. Like, do I still dock this song for having a boring chorus?" I actually think the chorus is the best part of it all. Oh well. ohnostalgia (6,5) shares the same opinion as me: "Not a fan of these posthumous albums." Sprockrooster (9) praises the best thing that came with this song: "That performance was lit. Most of the demo's on Xscape are really good and in my opinion better than the reworked ones. With this one I like them both."

I think GhettoPrincess (10) won't be happy with this: "My favourite from Xscape. AMAZING. Love Michael’s vocals and the production too." Sorry for this!

Oh what are you waiting for?! Just watch this iconic performance immediately if you haven't already.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  17. How funny.

18. Sprockrooster and DJHazey like this.
  19. You could never.

20. If it helps, the demo version of "Slave to the Rhythm" would've actually gotten a much higher score from me. I just can't give a good score to a remixed version without MJ's participation in good conscience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.