Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Poor Justin... it's hard to see him get annihilated like this. That song is whatevs, though.

DJHazey likes this.
  2. I better not lose another 10 before all my 0s are out.

3. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

How on earth did this go before Blue Ocean Floor? Poor Justin.

4. Have we all watched this yet?

@KingBruno kickstarting a VIRAL SENSATION with this rate (the song would have contended for my 11, by the way, though I know that it's a divisive single from her)

GimmeWork and ohnostalgia like this.
  5. Blue Ocean Floor needs to go soon. And it probably will.

6. It can't beat Ashlee. She's already hung on longer than people have thought, which is amazing, but this is a song she must beat.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I quite like Blue Ocean floor ddd.

8. I love Blue Ocean Floor.

9. I think "Blue Ocean Floor" is a potentially great song that didn't fulfill its promise.

10. K94

K94

Blue Ocean Floor is incredible and that is the tea.

Not A Bad Thing is really nice but I guess whatever that visual aid is, it put y'all off.

Jwentz and KingBruno like this.
  11. K94

K94

Also Murder needs to go but you lot will stan for anything in a strawberry blonde wig!

Outta My Head can stay for a very good while though.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    DJHazey likes this.

[​IMG]

Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again ft. Katy Perry
    Score: 5,867741935

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@tylerc904, @Serg.)
    Lowest score: 0 x 2 (@LE0Night, @slaybellz)
    My score: 6/10

Katy didn't really make much impact on this rate, did she? This collaboration kinda felt like one no one was asking for. The song doesn't really have an importance ... it's just kinda there. I don't hate it ā€“ the chorus is actually pretty catchy ā€“ but it's not like pop music wouldn't be complete without it. But well, that's what you get when you make a song inspired by "I Gotta Feeling"! I must say that I really like the drop at the end.

The duet with Katy Perry became the second global single of Shock Value II. Timbaland's brother Sebastian makes an uncredited appearance in the outro.

Many commenters hated the song, so be prepared. kermit_the_frog (1) calls it "Fucking awful." ohnostalgia (1) expected a worse placement for: "I just... of course Katy is a strong candidate for first elimination, of course." Swish swish binch.

AshleyKerwin (3,5) gets a blast out of the past, unfortunately for him: "I literally have no recollection of this which was great until I had to actually sit down and listen to this." Oop, my apologies. Heaven on Earth (1) mentions a revolutionary 00's artist: "Clunky and an utter bore. Katy is also just wrong for Timbaland; if Nelly Furtado had sung this instead of her, it might have actually been considerably better." iheartpoptarts (8,5) likes it: "A little out of place but Iā€™m totally bopping."

We close with Serg. (10): "Ready to have meltdown when this leaves in like first five eliminations, but I religiously bop to this." That's great!

The video contains someone that gets snatched of jewelry and art. I quite like the video, so take a watch!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  13. By the way, isn't there a past rate where "If We Ever Meet Again" did extremely well much to everyone's shock?

I'm catching up on important moments of Popjustice history.

iheartpoptarts and AshleyKerwin like this.
  14. I sorry I didn't get a chance to vote in this one. Just been crazy busy at work. Loving the reveals! Great job @KingBruno on hosting and the fantastic rate idea.

Even though I didn't vote, I feel like if all of Missy's tracks don't make the top 20 that I'm going to have a meltdown anyway.

Here are a few Tim produced songs that didn't make the voting selection that are absolute classics to me.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

If We Ever Meet Again is a bop guys - though Katy's """dancing""" in the video is not the gig!

16. K94

K94

I had no time for If We Ever Meet Again when it was out but it's actually quite sweet, has a decent pop melody, and feels a bit nostalgic now it's seven years old.

londonrain likes this.
  17. Great! PCD next one and missing the top 50 please!

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Murder is gone!!! Celebrate.

19. K94

K94

Oh yasssss - not sure how I missed it.

The Brandy song that isn't 'Afrodisiac' next then!

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ayo Technology and Miles Away can vanish asap!

GimmeWork and iheartpoptarts like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.