Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. No.

But that's the best Madonna song in this rate?

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It definitely is not.

3. I'm starting to think I was too kind with my "4 Minutes" score.

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm starting to think I was too kind letting you join this forum xxx

5. Remember the Loose/Future Sex/Shock Value rate that was supposed to happen? I'm low-key glad I got out of the full Timbaland album.

KingBruno likes this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Timbaland's albums had some little gems on them though, like Time and Come Around on the debut and Undertow on his 2nd one.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    kermit_the_frog and AshleyKerwin like this.
  7. I always counted Come Around as a song from MIA's album though (wasn't it technically a bonus track on both of them?)

2014 likes this.
  8. I made a mistake by accidentally excluding some commentary in the previous reveals, but I fixed it now! Now let's get to next elimination.

#51 #49

[​IMG]

50 Cent - Ayo Technology ft. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
    Score: 5,963793103 6,065

Highest score: 9,5 x 1 (@Serg.)
    Lowest score: 1 x 1 (@Jwentz)
    My score: 8,5/10

I always like it when artists decide to deviate from their previous releases. "Ayo Technology" sounds very different when compared to 50 Cent's other work. In my opinion, Timbaland really did him good. The gurgling, bleeping beat – that sounds straight out of a video game due to it being made with a Syntheziser microchip – somehow works. There is a minor controversy about Timbaland sampling uncredited 8-bit musicians for this, but I don't know much about this matter. The only problem to me is that Justin completely steals the show here and leaves 50 Cent a bit superfluous on a track that's supposed to be his. But who cares because it got nominated for a Grammy!

"Ayo Technology" is a song about a man who is tired of using technology (we all know what they mean) that attained number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100. It also had international success in other countries. The song received a famous cover by Belgian singer-songwriter Milow that miraculously topped the charts in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. It also got covered by British singer Skyla.

kermit_the_frog (9) addresses the widely discussed sample: "Would be a 10 if it didn't completely jack Courtship Dating, without even asking for permission then pretending that Tim had never even heard the original - NAUGHTY." *sneaks away*. ohnostalgia (6) can't take no more: "I feel dizzy." A lot happens in this song.

AshleyKerwin (4,5) is complaining: "Literally what the hell is this? How can Justin Timberlake get by with his appropriate ways with so many people? But I guess good for them for being ahead of the times with this anti VR goggles song?" iheartpoptarts (5) makes an understandable statement: "I don’t think I ever actually noticed this had 50 Cent in it." Well, it's no "In Da Club" where I woke up to today (it's not my birthday).

The lyrical content ruins it for londonrain (2): "There is an entire gender theory thesis to be written on this song in particular and 50 Cent in general. 2 points for Timbo's solid job on the production, but I really can't listen to the lyrics without cringing." Heaven on Earth (2) mentions another rapper that I secretly love: "Do you want to know why 50 Cent went broke? It’s because he couldn’t create any good bops after Get Rich or Die Tryin’. Well, there’s the sole exception of “Hate It or Love It,” but he was a feature on that. Oh, and on the YouTube recommended sidebar, I saw the video for “Dead & Gone,” that song JT did with T.I. I totally forgot about that song’s existence and to think it was a major hit. At least he wasn’t as annoying on that song as he is on this one." "What You Know" by T.I. is a very good song.

I'm glad that Sprockrooster (9) is pleased with this being in the rate: "It has been so long I heard this again. Glad this rate brought it back, cause it kind of is a forgotten jam. And that for a 50 cent track that features Justin Timberlake. Wow." No problem!

"Ayo Technology" contains a video where a women decides to strip in front of a window in her house. Very wise! The three of them did a cringeworthy performance on the Timbaland & Timberlake Fantasy Suite show from the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. Watch below.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. It is.

kermit_the_frog and KingBruno like this.
  10. This is all going very well.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. OH NOOOOO! I forgot to put in someone's score for Ayo Technology for I don't know WHAT reason but it now actually raises to #49 instead of #51! I can't at me realizing this right after I post it. I'm so sorry but I'll reveal #51-#50 tomorrow and then we jump to #48. I'm a mess ugh.

12. I meant to say appropriative, for what it's worth.

13. [​IMG]

This is going swimmingly so far.

14. Whatever I liked "Ayo Technology" when I was 16. It still kinda bops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm glad that awful Katy song is gone though.

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I still don’t really understand what you were trying to say, though.

AshleyKerwin and berserkboi like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I would actually get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing this eliminated twice.

ufint, Sprockrooster, DJHazey and 4 others like this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You’re a Rate veteran now!

LE0Night, Serg., slaybellz and 7 others like this.
  18. The kii of this potentially pushing PCD and 4 Minutes back!

KingBruno and londonrain like this.
  19. The Katy song is a cute albeit not amazing bop - I don't get how it's possible to have such strong negative feelings about it!

Meanwhile, I just went to Urban Dictionary to figure out what "ayo" means. Probably should've been obvious!

DJHazey and londonrain like this.
  20. I’m still pretending this didn’t make it into the 50’s, @KingBruno you’re doing amazing sweeetie.

ohnostalgia, KingBruno and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.