Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Just don't post any more pictures. Please. Such a bad look for him, it hurts. Only the dreadlocks were worse.

2. Nooooooo, did this happen? I tried to Google and instead I got Bieber.

3. I can't remember the dreadlocks either.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  4. I thought those were braids!

(You have a point either way.)

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I was happier not knowing Justin was on Rocket. Both songs deserved better but whatever, I guess people can’t handle ambient aesthetics.

6. Now there's a condescending way to say it's just not what we want!

7. #49 can be found here.

[​IMG]

Justin Timberlake - Tunnel Vision
    Score: 6,112903226

Highest score: 9,5 x 1 (@K94)
    Lowest score: 0 x 1 (@send photo)
    My score: 9/10

Y'all keep on kicking Timberlake tracks out like it's nothing. I think this one actually creates a pretty interesting atmosphere. The song gets supported by a grand amount of instrumentation, but the sinister sounding synthesizers create te mood all on their own. I do think Timbaland's work in here is magnificent; the production and setting go together with Justin's vocals very well – the sudden and unusual changes in the beat connect it all. As for the lyrical content, including voyeuristic (if you don't know what that means look it up) references is definitely a choice.

In "Tunnel Vision", Timbaland really proved that he still had it if you ask me.

"Tunnel Vision" was digitally released on June 14, 2013 as the third single from The 20/20 Experience. It's classified as a mid-tempo R&B song with EDM influences, that contains a lot of backing instrumentation. The lyrics promulgate Justin's tunnel vision for his love interest.

Not many people bothered commenting on this one. iheartpoptarts (4) talks about an aspect from the composition: "I actually find the whistle bits mildly terrifying for some reason." That's probably what they want it to sound like! send photo (0) compares the music videos, I hope: "What is this Blurred Lines knockoff? Exploitative. No." I can understand where ohnostalgia (4) is coming from: "Why is the 20/20 experience so much worse than Justin's other efforts? Did the Dad curse hit him?" It's no "SexyBack".

Heaven on Earth (6) isn't as positive towards Timbaland's input as me: "It’s a fine song, but I dislike how I start hearing a little bit of “Mirrors” around 4:10. It just makes the song seem reductive to me, signaling that the Justin Timberlake/Timbaland collaboration has really run its course. Hopefully for the next album, set to be released in 2027, Justin Timberlake will use a producer whose name isn’t Timothy Mosley or Max Martin." I have good news for you! This pic was posted on Justin's Instagram in March: [​IMG]. Oop!

The video that lasts seven minutes contains Justin's face being projected onto nude woman's bodies. It received controversy due to it being NSFW and similair to Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". After its premiere it got banned from YouTube. Not much later it returned, this time with a content warning. I don't like the video. He performed "Tunnel Vision" at the Phoenix Concert. He also did it at the Wireless Festival. Aside from this, it got included on the setlists from Legends of the Stadium Tour with Jay-Z and the 20/20 Experience Tour.

8. Aw, I like Tunnel Vision but I forget about the awful cover.

LE0Night, londonrain and KingBruno like this.
  9. It's very disturbing, isn't it?

londonrain and AshleyKerwin like this.
  10. The nipple is too funny.

londonrain likes this.
  11. K94

K94

Mess.

The video is gross but the song is a career high.

12. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I swear to god if ya'll tanked Cry Me A River and all the FutureSex/LoveSounds songs like this...

13. I tend to forget about Pharrell's involvement with Justified. Oops. Yeah, don't want him, either.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. That annoying "I know you like it" part of Tunnel Vision is what keeps me from liking it. Go figure.

15. I didn't know what a voyeur was till plug.dj. Oh, you guys.

AshleyKerwin and KingBruno like this.
  16. Oh my sweet summer child.

(I just googled this and found out it's from Game of Thrones and not a Southern thing? Oh.)

iheartpoptarts and londonrain like this.

[​IMG]

Björk - Innocence
    Score: 6,113333333

Highest score: 10 x 4 (@Terminus, @LE0Night, @NecessaryVoodoo, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 0 x 2 (@londonrain, @slaybellz)
    My score: 7/10

Now "Innocence" is clearly not a song for 'everyone', if you know what I mean. The tumultuous noisy squeaks and clatters in the production is probably what seperate people's opinions – some might see it as artsy while others may find it outright irritating. As for me, I don't like the strong influence that Timbaland had on this song.

The song was released as the second single from Volta. The song premiered on Björk's MySpace profile on March 19, 2007 as part of a fan contest to submit ideas for the music video. The single was released exclusively for digital downloads on July 23, 2007.

Not many had an opinion to share on this one! iheartpoptarts (5) makes an interesting comparison: "This sounds like the musical equivalent of some kid going into a control room and hitting a ton of different buttons at once." Must be a very troublesome kid. Heaven on Earth (6,5) wanted something else: "This sounds a little too much like Björk attempting to be accessible and commercial, and it’s left me confused." Serg. (6,5) thinks it's too much: "Maybe way too all over the place but I absolutely love whatever that beat is at the beginning."

ohnostalgia (9,5) finds it "Sooooo creepy, it sounds like we're being repeatedly punched to death while an alien Icelandic princess serenades us into hell." Does this reveal the true identity behind Björk?

So there was a music video contest where fans could submit ideas, and apparently a French duo named Fred & Annabelle won. I'm not sure if this is the one?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

...and with that we lose my last sub-3 score. Wonderful.

(My score for Innocence is not even slightly reflective of my score for Earth Intruders.)

Sprockrooster likes this.
  19. K94

K94

A bop but was its time to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.