Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. So is your #1 by Limp Bizkit or what?

londonrain likes this.
  2. Rap song? Oh no, that's still metal. Even "Rollin" (Air Raid verison not the other one) is nu metal. These are 100% rap.

Sprockrooster and iheartpoptarts like this.
  3. It was a good guess, you have to admit.

P.S. If I manage to guess the actual #1, will you tell me if I'm right?

DJHazey likes this.
  4. I would tell you, but that's going to be a long shot. I can't fault you for that guess. Here's a good full-on rap song from Limp, one of my favs with Method Man:

A friend of mine used to do all the Method Man lines and I'd do the Fred ones.

We'd do the same for a Korn song called "It's All in the Family" except he'd be Fred and I'd be Jonathan then.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  5. How did the kings of awfulness, Limp Bizkit, enter this conversation?

6. I thought it was pretty clear to follow.

*shrugs*

londonrain likes this.
  7. Ummmm Big Pimpin deserves to be top 20 at least if not top 10!!!

Aester, DJHazey and Heaven on Earth like this.
  8. It was easy to follow, and I still question it.

londonrain, ohnostalgia and DJHazey like this.
  9. Question it all you want, but they are one of my all-time favorite non-pop acts.

10. All right, Hazey, let's play. Is it 'Pimpin' All Over the World'?

11. I don't even know what that is.

Once my last song gets revealed in the Ultimate Popjustice I will be revealing them then.

One is actually a 'hardcore' rap song from an album I happened to listen to a lot when I was a kid and a few songs have always stuck with me.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. Ooh, let me go back in time a bit, then. Is it 'Fuck Tha Police'?

DJHazey likes this.
  13. There is a hiphop song in the ultimate popjustice's top 30?

Tupac's Changes makes the most sense I think. Could be Eminem too, but I think his songs spread out more (Stan, Like Toy Soldiers, Lose Yourself). Or is it seriously 99 problems. I will be snatched if it is Missy. Very much here for a suprise.

14. I feel like he means he's going to reveal his Ultimate Rapjustice list when it's all over.

Then again, maybe we've found our mystery artist right there!

Come to think of it, 'Lose Yourself' makes so much sense as a guess. Every guy at my school stanned that movie to the point of having actual rap battles. @DJHazey?

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I used to like this song but it has not aged well.

A bit like this discussion.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  16. K94

K94

Big Pimpin and Outta My Head leaving not even being the messiest point of discussion in this rate! I cannot.

GimmeWork and Heaven on Earth like this.

[​IMG]

Aaliyah - 4 Page Letter
    Score: 6,741935484

Highest score: 10 x 3 (@send photo, @Number, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 1 x 1 (@Untouchable Ace)
    My score: 5/10

Please don't attack me. I'm not really a big fan of this one! I appreciate Aaliyah's specific R&B sound as no other, but she really took the tranquility of this track to a point it gets a bit ... boring. I must admit that the outro is marvelous though.

Missy Elliott provided backing vocals on the track. It's the fourth single released from One in a Million.

Heaven on Earth (7) is unconcerned: "Hmm, I really like this song, yet at the same time, I’m really apathetic about it. I can’t seem to find a way to be able to express my apathy for this song in such detailed terms so I won’t attempt to. So, summing this up, “4 Page Letter” = apathy for @Heaven on Earth." AshleyKerwin (8) is quite right by saying that it's "Not bad but basic for Aaliyah and Timbaland." Nope, it's definitely not outstanding in both of their catalogues.

haps (4) isn't okay with its calmness: "A fade in at the intro. I don’t know about that. Rest of the song it’s a bit..boring." ohnostalgia (7) describes the importance of "4 Page Letter" in Aaliyah's discography: "Girl, nobody got time for that."

Let's go to professional Aaliyah stan send photo (10) that praises the video instead of the audio: "This video is so quintessentially 90's. Definitely top 5 in her videography." Agreed there!

Aaliyah is dancing in a large ring of fire in the video and it's amazing. She performed "4 Page Letter" among some other songs at the Superfest concert on October 6, 1997 in San Diego, California. She also showcased it at Summer Jam 1997.

18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It’s the weakest of the Aaliyah songs in the rate, but it’s still twice as good as FutureSex/LoveSound, so I reject this elimination.

[​IMG]

19. K94

K94

Was gonna say I was shocked but looking at how good the remaining songs are, it was its time.

Dddd at 4 Minutes still pummelling through the competition though.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.