Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. SOCK IT 2 ME is top 10 for me!!! WTF?! Consider me in complete meltdown mode!

I know I only have myself to blame because I didn't get a chance to vote, but it still hurts. RIP

2. I'm outta time, and all I got is four minutes.

Freaky-freaky, four minutes, aye!

[insert breakdown]

Hey, uh, c'mon, Madonna

[​IMG]

Madonna - 4 Minutes ft. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
    Score: 7,080645161

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@LE0Night, @Furball)
    Lowest score: 3 x 2 (@iheartpoptarts, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    My score: 9/10

With that we saw goodbye to the grandiose worldwide hit that's "4 Minutes". Be honest, even if you think this is inferior to Madonna's previous released work, you still do enjoy that breakdown. The unification of the output by a marching band, clattering beat and the orchestration of a brass absolutely WORKS and no one can tell me otherwise. Timbaland didn't come to play with Madonna; the amount of musical instruments he merged in here, including foghorns and cow bells, is serious.

That being said, there does happen a lot in this song. Madonna and Justin trading lines is a nice idea, but at a certain point it makes Madonna sound like a feature due to his loud vocals. Since the bombastic beat basically leads the whole song, the concept comes over as a bit joyless.

"4 Minutes" was released as the lead single from Hard Candy on March 17, 2008, by Warner Bros. Records. Madonna stated that the song is about saving the environment and "having a good time while we're doing it". It's classified as a dance-pop song with an urban and hip hop style. Critics gave positive reviews. The song peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, whereby Madonna became the artist with the most top-ten hits. The song received two Grammy nominations for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals and Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical in 2009.

haps (6) wanted more quality: "I remember how much expectations I had for this. It’s ok, but I am still disappointed." Sprockrooster (9) is sure: "Iconic video. One of Timbo's finest productions since his renaissance."

iheartpoptarts (3) trivializes a bop called "Me Against the Music": "Oh well, Madonna and Britney couldn’t bring it either." send photo (4) says that "Madge can do better. Both in terms of songs and features." But Timbaland is a featured artist on this as well. Hmm. ohnostalgia (4) just made me watch a tragic video by saying "Glee >>>."

Let's end with Heaven on Earth (5) who tries to compare Hard Candy to the best of her career: "This song was disappointing; it was such a far cry from the glories on Like a Virgin and Ray of Light, hell, Confessions on a Dancefloor. What the fuck happened, Madonna? Your Sean Penn divorce album is generally considered your greatest album and the lead single from said album is considered your greatest song. This song and Hard Candy was just disappointing. You’re better than that. Okay, “4 Minutes” did some potential to be a nice album track as I love the horns and your vocals on the pre-chorus, but the rest needed some desperate work. Plus why is Justin Timberlake here? He doesn’t add anything to this song. Still, I gave it a five because you’re a legend, M. Trust me, that was kind. In reality, it would’ve be the deserved three or a four if it was any other artist." The Queen of Pop thinks you're generous.

"4 Minutes", in my opinion, contains one of the best music videos in her career. It's very energetic. The threadmill choreography is absolutely iconic and that's that. Madonna included it on the setlist of the Hard Candy Promo Tour and Sticky & Sweet Tour. Justin joined her perfomance at the Roseland Ballroom in New York.

3. Maybe the only time I would ever be the lowest scorer on a Madonna song.

4. "Me Against the Music" is still way better than this.

GimmeWork and Aester like this.
  5. Me Against the Music and 4 Minutes are simultaneously massive bops and underwhelming in the scope of both artists' discography.

6. I never cover up my true feelings so it's fine. I'm guessing your score wasn't too far behind from being lowest?

DJHazey likes this.
  7. Oh me neither, but I know there are many passionate Missy fans here and she didn't get the best scores from me. 4/10.

8. Not too fussed by these losses I must say and well done to 4 minutes making it well into the top 40, which is an achievement considering the lukewarm reception with which most people responded to it...

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Aw, this was an 8 for me, but I can’t be too mad given that I have one 7 left and nothing with a score below that.

10. I don't know how I managed a 7/10 on 4 Minutes. But there really is worse on Hard Candy, which is one of my least favorite albums from Madonna. I really love Miles Away and Heartbeat then not much else.

11. How is everyone doing today?

[​IMG]

Timbaland - Scream ft. Keri Hilson & Nicole Sherzinger
    Score: 7,129032258

Highest score: 10 x 4 (@Sprockrooster, @Untouchable Ace, @NecessaryVoodoo, @Conan)
    Lowest score: 2 x 1 (@Jwentz)
    My score: 7/10

I think Timbaland kind of ruins the potential that this could have. Of course not because of the production, but because of his vocals that can be heard in here. He sounds so ... creepy. Meanwhile, both Keri and Nicole sound amazing – they'd fit in perfectly in a song with erotic purposes.

"Scream" was served to mainstream radios in the United Sates on December 11, 2007 by Mosley Music Group in copartnership with Blackground Records and Interscope Records. Critics gave the song a positive review, but felt like the guest artists outclassed Timbaland's appearance on the track. It wasn't as succesful on the charts as the previous single from Shock Value: "Apologize". The song didn't achieve a placement in the Billboard Hot 100.

DJHazey (9) doesn't comment on Timbaland's voice, but does come for the other two: "The chorus is catchy as hell and the beat is so inviting to a new listener, but Keri sounds so rough on that verse which almost killed it. Nicole's sexual sighing too...I'm having Herbal Essence commercial flashbacks and I'm okay with that. Delete that monologue at the end though." kermit_the_frog (9) doesn't hold in: "Legitimately Nicole Scherzinger's finest moment ever, give or take Don't Cha." That's ... kind of a statement.

Heaven on Earth (4,5) isn't impressed and calls it "Weak Timbaland all around." haps (7,5) used to be here for it: "Keri Hilson and Nicole SureSinger. I screamed for this 10 years ago." Why not anymore?

AshleyKerwin
    (4) isn't a fan: "Keri Hilson and Timbaland, dare I say it, make a great team. Maybe not this song, but..." ohnostalgia (5) mentions a flaw: "That monologue is A Choice."

Sprockrooster (10) think it's a lot of goodness: "Fuck, I have always adored this so much and it still snatches me completely everytime. That is one sexy beat and to have these ladies basically making love to that beat is making scream at the top of my longues, when I am intoxicated with desire at the same time. Definitely in my holy trinity from Timbo." That's something to say!

The three of them wear Balaclavas in the music video.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  12. Any excuse.

13. I love it very much, but I also remember being highly embarassed when I listened to it loud and the orgasm middle 8 started.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ddddd Timbo is hawt in that video.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  15. Hard Candy is one of my top 5 Madge albums. Miles Away can stay.

K94, GimmeWork, Conan and 2 others like this.
  16. NOOOOO at me forgetting commentary in the latest elimination again but it's edited in now. I need to do better.

Anyway, #34 is coming very soon and I'm sure some of you will be shocked... BUT IT WILL GET EVEN WORSE LATER ON!

17. Mess.

londonrain likes this.
  18. I'm praying that it's "Apologize" or "SexyBack."

19. Why? We're not even close to the Top 10 yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.