Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. They both should've been in the bottom 10.

2. [​IMG]

3. I cannot believe this. Since when is PJ prude?

4. I don't think this is what you wanted...

[​IMG]

Björk - Earth Intruders
    Score: 7,141935484

Highest score: 10 x 7 (@Sprockrooster, @Heaven on Earth, @LE0Night, @NecessaryVoodoo, @ohnostalgia, @Serg., @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 0 x 1 (@slaybellz)
    My score: 9,5/10

I'm shocked at this! I didn't expect this to fall before the top 30 at all. "Earth Intruders" is just such a likable, enthralling and unique body of work. It feels like a step back to her earlier more commercial work from Post. Obviously that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

"Earth Intruders" was released as the first single from Björk's sixth studio album, Volta. It's the highest charting single by her. A sample of fifteen seconds of the track appeared on the Rhino Records online ringtone website eight days before the single was released. The album version leaked on April 24, 2007 because the full album was accidentally made available on the UK iTunes Store on April 23, 2007 for six hours, which happened two weeks before the official release date. The lyrical content was based on a dream by Björk.

We start with ohnostalgia (10) who's ready for the earth intruders: "You know if our future alien invaders bring this boptastic production, I'll surrender." I mean I'd welcome them because of their good taste in music. Serg. (10) bops: "This goes OFF way too hard, the beat is godlike and it's very catchy, nothing unexpected from queen of Scandinavia." Annie says hi.

AshleyKerwin (5) compares: "I hear some St. Vincent in this?" Björk doesn't sound like anyone teebs. iheartpoptarts (1) probably won't listen to it again: "Well, this is all very unsettling." You don't have much experience with Björk, do you? Conan (5) knocks down some points: "The production is out of this world (which would make it a 10), but it's not a song I enjoy listening to at all (0), so I'm scoring it 5."

Sprockrooster (10) is completely into it: "This is such an explosion of sounds that Björks eats up alive vocally. Very cinematic also as I feel like I am part of a story and when the extravaganza starts it is a battle against the earth intruders. The outro is somehow very soothing and not dragging at all." DJHazey (8) has one complaint: "Bumped this up a tad when I found out the radio version gets rid of the "Reykjavik Harbor segment" at the end." It's not even that awful!

And last but not least, Heaven on Earth (10): "None of Björk’s later albums have reached the glorious highs of her classic four albums but “Stonemilker” off Vulnicura and “Earth Intruders” on Volta have come close. “Earth Intruders” – a song that is surprisingly helped by Timbaland’s production – is such a classic single from Björk, honestly. There’s something just enjoyable and brilliantly weird in a typical Björkian style about this song. There’s a bounce especially towards the end that I personally consider to be one of the finest moments of her career." This is what you get when you ask for "SexyBack" or "Apologize" so early!

The video for "Earth Intruders" was directed by Michel Ocelot. There were a lot of special effects used for it, and the result is pretty nice. Björk performed the song on Saturday Night Live in the US. She also gave a performance from it on UK television show Later With Jools Holland. It got included on the setlist from the Volta Tour, usually at the start. It was also the first song of her concert at Glastonbury Festival.

5. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. Shook at Bjork losing so soon when she is such a forum darling.

DJHazey and londonrain like this.

[​IMG]

Missy Elliott - All n My Grill
    Score: 7,240322581

Highest score: 10 x 3 (@kermit_the_frog, @haps, @LE0Night)
    Lowest score: 1,7 x 1 (@Untouchable Ace)
    My score: 7/10

A pleasurable track, but it doesn't go much further than that if you ask me. The production contains some lovely additions though!

The song featured Big Boi of Outkast and vocal ad-libs by her former protégé Nicole Wray. An European version of the song contains a verse by French rapper MC Solaar. The song was a hit in the UK and so was the promo single featuring MC Solaar that was mixed.

Heaven on Earth (8) is okay with it: "It’s a great song." It's definitenly not bad. ohnostalgia (8) talks about the MC Solaar we all know from ... nothing: "This random French verse... really cool and faded." iheartpoptarts (8) says "I think 90s Missy is my fave Missy." "Lose Control" has too much value to me.

The song wasn't new to haps (10): "Oh, the nostalgia in this queen. I love this. If One Minute Man were in this rate, it might be my 11." I'm here for your current 11 though.

The video was directed by Hype Williams. People are dancing around in yellow rain coats in the rain and it looks really cool.

8. Now that I'm no longer that pressed about "Earth Intruders" leaving - @slaybellz, I'm currently mad at you - I realized that you threw some extra promo for my Annie discography rate that's in the queue. Thank you. @Serg., I hope you will participate and discover the great music from the Queen of Scandinavia.

I'm not shocked about that Missy elimination. I like it a lot, but I'm not too shocked.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    slaybellz, DJHazey and Serg. like this.
  9. I was the one who mentioned Annie tho.

[​IMG]

DJHazey and ohnostalgia like this.
  10. I cannot not believe this. Poor Missy.
    [​IMG]

11. But I know you're already planning on voting.

12. @KingBruno, just noticing I haven't had a commentary for quite a few eliminations. Did I really not give any for all those? I thought I had more, how odd!

13. I think I put in all commentary for all the eliminations that have happened up to now. I forgot some for a few but I edited that in. Is there any reveal that doesn't contain yours then?

berserkboi likes this.
  14. I'll check and let you know. Thanks for following up, you are a fantastic host!

KingBruno likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Bjork did better than I was expecting actually. But Earth Intruders still should’ve gone further.

Petty Mayonnaise and londonrain like this.
  16. Y'all really kicked Bjork's masterpiece alien awakening extravaganza energetic cry of nature bop at #34 ?!!?!?!? THIRTY FOUR. You know what? Bye. .

[​IMG]

17. I just checked and it was my mistake! I only had a handful of commentaries on here as opposed to the PJ00s rate I was doing at the same time. I have commentaries for a few songs left here but I am hoping they don't get revealed til top 20 at this point!

KingBruno likes this.
  18. This Bjork elimination is sweet revenge for all the JT tracks you guys kicked out prematurely.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  19. But I've been campaigning for "My Love" to do well from the start!

slaybellz likes this.
  20. 'Earth Intruders' is the more commercial work? Oh, wow.

We all know MC Solaar from our French textbooks growing up... but like, actually. He was there.

londonrain, KingBruno and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.