Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

How can Missy be losing tracks already guys come ON!

2. Today we lose our first 11...

[​IMG]

slaybellz and Sprockrooster like this.
  3. It's mine. I just know that it's mine. And I'm at peace with that.

I WILL BE LIVID IF IT IS MINE

londonrain likes this.
  4. I gave my 11 to Missy, so hell yeah I am suddenly afraid where I thought it would be safe for at least 20 placements.

slaybellz, londonrain and KingBruno like this.

[​IMG]

Missy Elliott - 4 My People ft. Eve
    Score: 7,459677419

Highest score: 11 x 1 (@Epic Chocolat), 10 x 3 (@haps, @AshleyKerwin, @LE0Night)
    Lowest score: 2 x 1 (@Untouchable Ace)
    My score: 8/10

I guess someone has to be the first one to lose an 11! Sorry @Epic Chocolat! I think this one is actually criminally addictive. Electrohop is a specific genre you don't hear that often, but Missy pulls it off incredibly well. I do think there happens a bit too much throughout though.

The song was released as the fourth and last single from Miss E... So Addictive and peaked at number two in The Netherlands and number five in the United States due to heavy airplay of a remix by Basement Jaxx – it also became her second highest charting single after "Get Ur Freak On" in the UK. The Basement Jaxx remix has been voted as one of 1001 Best Songs Ever by Q.

iheartpoptarts (7) won't turn it off: "I have zero recollection of this ever being a thing, but it’s a bit of a bop." Unfortunately, Heaven on Earth (7,5) is left unimpressed: "The production here doesn’t really stand out to me especially amongst Timbaland’s surrounding body of work. The beat is definitely pulsating though. I do like the song though. It’s just both Timbaland and Missy Elliott have done better." I love "Get Ur Freak On".

send photo (7,5) notices Aaliyah her impact: "Ddd when the Aaliyah tribute Take Away cuts into this bop. yas." ohnostalgia (9) involves Gwen Stefani in Eve's disappearance: "Whatever happened to Eve? Did Gwen lock her in the basement?"

haps
    (10) prefers the other remix version, but still think this is an outstanding contender: "I might love the remix by Basement Jaxx more. I can’t decide, but anyho one of the best in this rate." But Sprockrooster (6) thinks there's a big gap in between: "I have grown so accustomed to the Basement Jaxx version I am not really digging the original anymore. Sorry, Timbo."

Take it away Epic Chocolat (11): "An exhilarating invitation to dance. I prefer the solo version." It's exhilarating indeed!

The music video was released on March 9, 2002. A short video of it was released as the remaining half of the video for "Take Away". It features Missy Elliott honoring the victims from the 9/11 attacks by dancing with a big American crowd.

6. I'm okay with these Missy songs going but the remaining ones should not be touched until the Top 20.

7. I think the Missy songs might actually be leaving in reverse order of how much I like them.

8. Are... are... are you shading "Get Ur Freak On"?

9. I think that's my highest rated one left? Not a good sign for it!

Heaven on Earth likes this.
  10. Thank God. That's the second best song in the whole rate. I would've been devastated if you tanked it.

11. What even is this unexpected Missy slander. I am beyond shook.

[​IMG]

Missy Elliott - The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)
    Score: 7,467741935

Highest score: 10 x 8 (@kermit_the_frog, @AshleyKerwin, @LE0Night, @Jwentz, @slaybellz, @NecessaryVoodoo, @Number, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 0 x 1 (@Untouchable Ace)
    My score: 8/10

This song received more 10's than I expected! Well, what to say about "The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)"? It has a remarkable relaxing beat – it's absolutely not hateful to listen to. But ... it does lack a certain something. That may just be me, though.

The song contains a sample of Ann Peebles' 1973 single "I Can't Stand the Rain, where the lyrics can be heard in the chorus. The song went to US radio stations on May 20, 1997. It was released as the album's lead single on Jun 29, 1997. VH1 ranked the song 99th on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the '90s. In 2010, Pitchfork Media included it at number 33 on their Top 200 Tracks of the 90s. The Village Voice named it the fourth-best single of 1999 in 2000.

Not many commentary for this one! ohnostalgia (9,5) compares it to something interesting: "I stan anything that vaguely sounds like thunderstorms." iheartpoptarts (5) is probably mad at me for including this over another song: "Awwww, but I wanna bop to ‘Can We’ suddenly! Can I give it an honorary 10 even though it’s not here?" Does this count as the homage?

We close with Heaven on Earth (9) that praises it for its aging capability: "Sampling Ann Peebles’ “I Can’t Stand the Rain”, Missy Elliott’s “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)” elevates the melancholy of the song to absolutely wacky heights. This must have been so fresh back in ’97 and it’s still thrilling to listen to it to this day. That’s longevity."

The music video was directed by Hype Williams. Missy wears an inflated trash bag that some find very spectacular.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  13. Wow. I question everyone's taste now.

14. TOP 30
    Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?
    Aaliyah - Don’t Know What to Tell Ya
    Aaliyah - If Your Girl Only Knew
    Aaliyah - More Than a Woman
    Aaliyah - One In A Million
    Aaliyah - Try Again
    Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution ft. Timbaland
    Beyoncé - Partition
    Brandy - Afrodisiac
    Ginuwine - Pony
    Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River
    Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned/I Think She Knows
    Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
    Justin Timberlake - My Love ft. T.I.
    Justin Timberlake - SexyBack ft. Timbaland
    Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around.../...Comes Around
    Madonna - Miles Away
    Missy Elliot - Get Ur Freak On
    Missy Elliot - Pass That Dutch
    Missy Elliot - Work It
    Nelly Furtado - All Good Things (Come To An End)
    Nelly Furtado - Do It
    Nelly Furtado - Maneater
    Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous ft. Timbaland
    Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
    Rihanna - Rehab
    Timbaland - Apologize ft. OneRepublic
    Timbaland - Give It To Me ft. Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake
    Timbaland - The Way I Are ft. D.O.E. & Keri Hilson
    Tweet - Oops (Oh My)​

15. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. This one probably should go out next, to be honest. And I have five songs that rank lower than this still in.

londonrain likes this.
  17. Why the fuck is "The Way I Are" still in there?

Petty Mayonnaise and Aester like this.
  18. Because it's a classic just like "Earth Intruders."

19. I've never seen such loose use of the term "classic".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.