Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. My rate regret: I wish I had scored Don't Know What To Tell Ya higher. It's my rate discovery that I've kept going back to for the past weeks.

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

And what did you give it?

[​IMG]

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  3. I gave it 7. Should've been bumped up to an 8!

londonrain likes this.
  4. Besides a couple of missteps, this couldn't be going any better.

5. Agreed.

[​IMG]

KingBruno and DJHazey like this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. I am sorry but I hate the original sample and there is no saving it for me

8. Considering that the sample is one of my favorite songs of all time, this just made me sad. But, yeah, the Missy song does rely heavily on the sample so I understand why you tanked it. Still a little mad, but I'll let it go.

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  9. Thanks, I guess this makes me the rate villain :( sorry everyone I should have listened more attentively. Is that why I didn't get a reply to my score submission?

londonrain likes this.
  10. No, you're not. I can honestly think of other people here that probably deserve that award more than you do, myself included. I'm just a little mad that it didn't make it to the top twenty like it should have. Errr. But, yeah, just let it go. I mean, I gave "SexyBack" and "Apologize" a two and "Pony" a four. I'm probably going to end up being the lowest ranking scores on those songs and I honestly couldn't give a further damn if people end up mad at me for it. Own up to it, have a little faith in yourself, and hopefully, you realize that I'm really not that mad at you or @slaybellz (who tanked "Earth Intruders").

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. It's obvious now that I am an 00's stan for Timbaland.

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rihanna - Rehab
    Score: 7,556451613

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@2014, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 4 x 2 (@GhettoPrincess, @kermit_the_frog)
    My score: 8,5/10

I've always thought that you hear Justin's impact in this song very badly – the composition sounds alike with his more R&B sounding singles. But hey, I think the lyrics are absolutely superb so it has much points on reputation for that!

Now I must say, the ballads on Good Girl Gone Bad are not that good, but "Rehab" really is an exception for that. Timbaland's work in here is really soothing; the use of instrumentation as tambourines and acoustic guitars together with a nice backbeat strengthen this effect.

Def Jam Recordings gave the song to contemporary hit radio in the United States on October, 2008 as the eight and final single of the album. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland worked on it during the FutureSex/LoveShow tour in 2007. "Rehab" is classified as a mid-tempo R&B song that contains lyrics based on love. It attained top-10 positions on the charts in Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Norway. It peaked at number 16 on the UK Singles Chart and number 18 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The song was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

AshleyKerwin (8) associates it to Riri's latest album: "The start of Anti." I don't really get the comparison! Anti is a whole new thing on its own. Serg. (7,5) accepts its existence and says that "It's cute." ohnostalgia (7,5) isn't really impressed by the lyrical content: "I feel like this is getting goodwill from me because it's Rihanna. The production is much more interesting than the songwriting though, so props to Timbaland." Timbaland also co-wrote it though!

Heaven on Earth (5) questions Justin's vocal input: "This is mid-tier Rihanna. I still cannot believe this chose this as the final single from Good Girl Gone Bad when they should’ve just ended the singles run with “Disturbia.” Question: Does Justin Timberlake “sing” more than two lines?" He has four if I'm not mistaken! iheartpoptarts (5) wanted more: "She had a huge era during his huge era and this was all she got?"

Last commenter DJHazey (9) appreciates it: "Rih always hypnotizes me with how she sings "Re-haaab" and I love the dark metaphor." Her voice is very lovable in this, isn't it?

Justin Timberlake makes an appearance in the music video that was filmed at Vasquez Rocks Park that can be found not far off Los Angeles. The director was Anthony Madler. The video premiered November 17, 2008, on MTV. Rihanna performed the song at the Pepsi Center. The performance didn't receive much positive reactions by critics due to the lack of certain aspects. It also was showcased at the 2008 American Music Awards where she wore an iconic eye patch. It was the fourth song on the setlist of the Good Girl Gone Bad Tour. It also was there at the Last Girl on Earth Tour in 2010.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Nooooooo Rehab is so underrated in Rih's discography. And Justin in the video WOWZAs.

15. Rehab was a true ExpeRihmental moment.

16. Not too bothered by Rehab or those two Missy songs leaving, but Don't Know What to Tell Ya shouldn't be out!

Heaven on Earth and AshleyKerwin like this.
  17. I think the fuck not.

19. Sad to see Rehab go, could have made it a bit further but was not a contender to win anyway...

20. It made it far enough. It's nowhere being one of Timbaland, Justin or Rihanna's best.

GimmeWork likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.