Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It always bothered me that the key lyric is "It's like I checked into rehab / Baby you're my disease."

Girl, if you've got a disease, shouldn't you be checking into hospital?

2. I thought I was the only one!

AshleyKerwin and londonrain like this.
  3. Well, alcoholism is a disease.

4. Ddd, this was my comment.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. Correct. It isnot mine. Though I agree with what you are seeing.

DJHazey likes this.
  6. Sorry guys, I'm very busy at the moment but here I am!

[​IMG]

Madonna - Miles Away
    Score: 7,585483871

Highest score: 10 x 5 (@Terminus, @haps, @berserkboi, @ufint, @LE0Night)
    Lowest score: 0 x 1 (@2014)
    My score: 8,5/10

Just like with "4 Minutes", the influences of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake are impossible to avoid once you listen to this. But somehow, I do really like it. That guitar riff is very likable! The lyrical content about Guy Ritchie is also very recognizable, isn't?

I do think it's an outstander especially when compared to the other songs on Hard Candy – I love the fact that the production that merges acoustic downpicking and a touching sombre rhythm leans towards a reggae sound.

"Miles Away" was released by Warner Bros. Records as the third and last single from the album and was included on her complilation album Celebration (2009). It's described as a melancholy electronic ballad and the lyrics are about Guy Ritchie. The song is about long-distance relationships. It has received positive appreciation from music critics. It didn't chart on the Billboard Hot 100.

Heaven on Earth (6,5) expected more but does think it's a better single than the other Madonna song in this rate: "This is definitely better than the lackluster “4 Minutes,” but it’s still a far cry from the greatness that we’ve come to expect from both Madonna and Timbaland. If I was Timbaland and I was going to work with Madonna, I would’ve worked day and night to make sure I presented her with something better than “Get Ur Freak On” and “More Than a Woman,” not this run-of-the-mill production. Still this garnered a seven because I find this to be more enjoyable than “4 Minutes” and I prefer her vocals on this one." Her vocals are lovely in here! DJHazey (9) thinks that it works: "Hard Candy is definitely not a favorite Madonna album for me, let's put it that way. However, this is undeniable. I wish Timbaland had touched "Heartbeat" though because it would've battled for my 11."

iheartpoptarts (4) sees a contrast: "This one almost feels like the production is working against the song rather than with it." ohnostalgia (6,5) isn't ashamed: "@Jwentz told me it's okay to not like this." @Jwentz is right.

haps (10) found a way back: "AH. So refreshing hearing Madonna’s voice when I played this playlist. Almost forgot this great song. The beauty with rates."

Madonna performed "Miles Away" at her Sweet & Sticky Tour from 2008-09.

7. Oops. I knocked down this song a half-point and didn't fix my commentary. My bad.

londonrain likes this.
  8. Miles Away belongs in the top 20/top 10 but there are strong tracks here so can't complain too much. Would have liked Madonna to outlast Beyonce here as I think she had overall a higher average score but such is life...

9. Oh, good. For a second I thought it was some sort of fan fave and I was going to look like a troll.

10. Yeah, that should've been Top 20.

11. What is this world coming to!?!? "4 My People" should have been top 20, no questions or exceptions!!!!

JT getting more votes for any of his songs than any single Missy track is a choice.

@ohnostalgia

She opened for Gwen on the "This is what the truth feels like" Tour last year because apparently they are both stuck in the early/mid 2000's.

Of course I went because apparently I too am stuck in the mid 2000's... Still it was nice to see her do some of her Ruff Riders songs and hits like Tambourine which still went off for me.

12. If one of these remaining Missy songs doesn't win the whole thing then y'all got it wrong. My personal choice would be Pass That Dutch but any of these three masterpieces would do!

13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I want to agree, but Aaliyah's We Need A Resolution and Try Again say hello.

14. I want to agree, but you didn't pick the right song.

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Basically I'm fine with a win for any Aaliyah song, any Missy song (except Get Ur Freak On, which deserves to do well but not that well), Afrodisiac or Say It Right.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  16. I feel like Say It Right has this locked but I'd love to see Aaliyah snatch the win.

londonrain likes this.
  17. I wouldn't be mad at either of those to be honest. We Need A Resolution especially. I think the fact that Missy only has 3 songs left has me seeing RED.. but I couldn't be mad at any Aaliyah song doing well.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    AshleyKerwin and londonrain like this.
  18. Say It Right has already won 3 rates I believe (definitely 2) and there hasnot been even a Nelly Furtado discography rate yet. So it will get some rate winner backlash and loose (kiii) the victory because of it.

19. Madonna shouldn't be miles away from Top 10. Disgrace :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaliyah - One in a Million
    Score: 7,591935484

Highest score: 10 x 7 (@AshleyKerwin, @send photo, @LE0Night, @slaybellz, @Serg., @Number, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 3 x 1 (@iheartpoptarts)
    My score: 5,5/10

Okay, I do appreciate the atypical and innovative qualities of this song. I just don't think it's ... a memorable listen. It's a bit samey, and there doesn't happen a lot overall. But that's just my opinion, so please don't attack me!

The song was the third single from her studio album One in a Million, but it was the second single in North America because "Got to Give It Up" wasn't released there yet.

Heaven on Earth (9) doesn't think it's that special either: "I know a lot of people really adore this song, but I merely think of this as an almost-great song. I think both Timbaland and Aaliyah accomplished great things with this but didn’t quite achieve what they had hoped for. Nonetheless, I am crazy for the way this song feels almost acapella but even second or so, there’s that beat that reminds you that this song does indeed have a rhythm. Its sparsity almost lends this song a minimalist feeling to it and it actually works well. Still, I can’t quite shake the feeling that there is something off about this song. I’m just not entirely sure what it is." iheartpoptarts (3) isn't really into it as well: "The most overplayed late 90s slow dance song of my preteen life that wasn’t by K-Ci and Jojo. It doesn't really go anywhere." Kind of, yes. send photo (10) mentions a Timbo classic: "There was a mashup with Say It Right but it got taken down. It bopped." I'm curious!

ohnostalgia (9,5) describes the song pretty well by saying "Smooooooooooth." [​IMG].

The music video was directed by Paul Hunter and released in the autumn of 1996. An extended version contains cameos by Timbaland, Missy Elliott and Ginuwine (yas assemble team Timbo).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.