Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Jwentz, GimmeWork and KingBruno like this.
  2. K94

K94

I'm tired so expect a dragging tomorrow!

3. How does feel it feel to go through life without acknowledging that this is one of the best songs in this rate? Is it empty? Is it dark? Is it soulless? Does your stone-cold heart not even feel a flame when he sings, "Ain't no other woman that could take your spot?"

@ohnostalgia, how dare you insult me like this?! If you're calling the horrendous synths and the grinding lyrics in "SexyBack" better than this... I think it's you who may need to go to an audiologist. @KingBruno, same goes for you, too. Calling "SexyBack" better?! Giving a motherfucking six to "If Your Girl Only Knew"?!?!?!

@Sprockrooster, how dare you insult this song like this. How dare you not appreciate Timbaland's subtle yet boppable production that totally showcases the suavity of this song? How dare you prefer that noisy remix over this that only made Justin's vocals more whiny?

Are you suggesting that this song isn't boppable? Do you really want to go there?

@K94, does that "K" stand for "king" like the one you are?

I'm going to let the fact that "If Your Girl Only Knew" unjustly went out before its time spare you. I think your 11 leaving sooner than it should have is punishment enough.

@Untouchable Ace, I love the irony of your username. That one for "If Your Girl Only Knew"? You seriously gave that less-than-ace score to this? I guess it's an ace reject after all and quite an untouchable one at that, too.

Is there any more people that need to be dragged (or in @K94's case, praise)?

@KingBruno, you're doing amazing for the most part, sweetie, but please remember that this is a Timbaland rate. Hence, I had to judge his work fairly. If I was a teacher, I'd given a 0 to "Do It" (which would've been fair) but I didn't let my objectivity undermine my personal enjoyment 'cause I'm not a teacher.

AND AGAIN, EVERYONE. HOW DARE YOU LET AALIYAH AND "MY LOVE" SUFFER THIS UNFORTUNATE FATE?!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  4. Oh, that beat Do It?

5. I'll just go bop to 'SexyBack', shall I? Mwahahahaha.

KingBruno likes this.
  6. Probably still only 6.5.

7. The Way I Are is garbage how is it still here?

Jwentz and slaybellz like this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Poor Robyn Troup. Remember when JT brought her out for that performance acting like she was a hot new discovery who was being groomed for success - and then absolutely nothing happened?

Also, that single cover is horrendous. I remember seeing it online when the song came out (before I’d seen the video) and thinking the red dot was clearly some sort of error.

The song is solid, though. I don’t regret my 9 for it at all.

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

That’s still a significant improvement on 1. Let’s call it a learning curve.

Nothing left is garbage. And Keri is great on that song.

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

Jwentz likes this.
  11. The Way I Are is a bop, let Keri have her one moment please.

2014, K94, Heaven on Earth and 6 others like this.
  12. Does everyone apart from me hate Pretty Girl Rock, in all its unpleasant, deluded, insecure-teenage-girl glory???

I'll get my coat...

13. Okay but I went to find out what Keri did to inspire such hatred and found this ancient thread by @K94. I'm still not much closer to the truth. She's obviously not gonna reinvent the wheel but she has some cute bops in her repertoire. Eternally basic, of course, but I can appreciate the good stuff.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    londonrain, 2014, tylerc and 2 others like this.
  14. All of this and this song wasn't even your 11.

[​IMG]
    I mean I'm upset about the lack of Missy and Aaliyah love too but...

londonrain and slaybellz like this.
  15. I suspect the ongoing Keri hate and shade is from her saltiness re: Beyoncé.

I love her second album and the first one had a handful of bops as well!

londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  16. I'm not too well-versed in Keri's campaign of terror against Beyonce (vaguely remember that she was a pioneer of the "she doesn't even write her own songs" tirade).

We can't punish people simply for having flop opinions, can we?

londonrain likes this.
  17. I couldn't be more indifferent about Keri Hilson as a person. I just think the song is trash.

18. You better not pay "Get Ur Freak On" and "Try Again" dust then.

londonrain, GimmeWork and slaybellz like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

you sure like doing a lot don't you

GimmeWork likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.