Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. K94

K94

[​IMG]

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I can’t see this, so I’m going to assume you’ve changed your mind and seen the error of your post.

3. K94

K94

I told @2014 to discourage you when you gave My Love a 6.5 xx

2014 and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

He doesn’t have the courage xx.

2014 and K94 like this.
  5. There goes my 11...

Musically, I feel like it's one of Tim's best productions (so much so, that I've always suspected that it was a Tim/Missy song intended for one of her albums, except they gave it away so that Tweet had the best possible launch as a new artist).

Lyrically, I love that it avoids most of Tim's worst traits (though let's be honest, he's probably never been much of a lyrical contributor to his productions) - who could hate an ode to self-love?

@Untouchable Ace apparently - would you mind explaining why? I'm genuinely interested how someone invested enough to participate in a Timbaland rate could dislike this particular song so much (no shade intended)...

Aester, K94, londonrain and 4 others like this.
  6. What is this still doing here?

londonrain and ohnostalgia like this.
  7. That interlude alone deserves top 5!

JMRGBY, K94, KingBruno and 3 others like this.
  8. I actually never knew it was by Timbaland but I have never liked the song. I do like a few of his songs before this one but after this point I pretty much loved all of Timbaland's output.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  9. I‘m surprised (and delighted) that Pass That Dutch and Afrodisiac made the Top 18. I adore both songs and always felt that they deserved to be bigger hits.

londonrain, haps and AshleyKerwin like this.
  10. Listen up everybody! We have been just informed that there's an unknown virus that's attacking all clubs. Symptoms have been said to be heavy breathing, wild dancing, coughing, so when you hear the sound: WHO-DI-WHOOO!

Run for cover, motherf*cker.

[​IMG]

Missy Elliott - Pass That Dutch
    Score: 7,953225806

Highest score: 11 x 2 (@slaybellz, @ohnostalgia), 10 x 7 (@Sprockrooster, @send photo, @LE0Night, @Jwentz, @NecessaryVoodoo, @Serg., @Petty Mayonnaise)
    Lowest score: 4 x 1 (@GhettoPrincess)
    My score: 7,5/10

With that we lose the first song that has multiple 11's! "Pass That Dutch" is one exceptional hip hop record, if you ask me. The song makes use of many samples, including from Santa Esmeralda's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, War's "Magic Mountain" and De La Soul's "Potholes in My Lawn." It's an assemblage of many, but you can't deny that it works! Esteem to that, Timbo.

"Pass That Dutch" was released as the lead single from This Is Not a Test! and peaked at 9 on Billboard's Rap Songs chart and 27 on the Hot 100. In reached number 10 on the UK Charts. Pitchfork Media included it on their "Top 500 songs of the 2000s" list at number 291.

Sprockrooster (10) says that "This doesnot only hold her best video, but those tongue in cheek lyrics are also her pinnacle of writing. Goofy, but very workable in the club or even listening at home." Her best video is "Gossip Folks" teebs. Missy makes Heaven on Earth (9) lose control: "This is kind of an odd song to write about, not only because it is an off-kilter song even by Missy Elliott standards, but because I’m simply not sure how to even properly express what it is I adore about this song in an eloquent manner." send photo (10) knows exactly how to do it by simply stating "YAS."

I'm pretty sure ohnostalgia (11) won't be satisfied with this song's placement: "HIGH SCHOOL BOP TO END ALL BOPS. The hoolay hoos are some of my favourite production moments in music, ever." Must've been @K94's curse!

The director of the music video is Dave Meyers, and Missy Elliott appears at many different places throughout – most recognizably at a farm where she does some choreography. She also references Aaliyah at the beginning. Cameos are from 106 & Park's Free, and Lil' Brianna. The song was featured in the movie Mean Girls.

11. [​IMG]

Ugh as soon as I saw that tag I knew it was over. There's at least 5 songs that could have left before this though.

I was so close to giving my 11 to "Work It" but clearly this needed it more.

12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

13. By my count, there are about ten remaining songs that should have left before "Pass That Dutch." I can't believe Missy only has two songs still in.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Taking part in a Timbaland rate and hating Missy songs....sigh

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Petition to refer to this song as Pass That @Sprockrooster from now on.

(I gave this a 9.5 and now I feel I undermarked it.)

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

At this rate I bet none of her songs make Top 10... which is just factually incorrect.

17. An Ace Reject-Xenomania case!!1!!1. Kidding a bit! This is indeed far more drastic.

I am so glad Missy got an 11 (for a song which is still in) from me. I am now sure she needs it more than I expected.

I know I declare my Dutch heritage a lot around here but did you know our lovely host is Dutch too?

KingBruno, londonrain and slaybellz like this.
  18. Pass That Dutch leaving this early is just embarrassing. Should have been and deserved to be top 5! Cmon ppl get some taste!
    [​IMG]

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. We correctly have the best two Missy songs left.

20. I think Pass That Dutch is my fav Missy track overall, but the remaining two are brilliant.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.