Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 50 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I wonder how you would've handled that situation. Kii.

2. I'm so happy that this one is out. It's really not a good song. The right Justin song came out on top at the end (out of the two that was remaining, that is). "SexyBack" has some of the worst synths in music history, in my not-so-humble-right-now opinion.

@KingBruno, sorry, you lost your 11 though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Sprockrooster and haps like this.
  3. I'm a little nervous-excited just thinking about it. Oh my god Hazey, I'm so embarrassing.

londonrain, Sprockrooster and DJHazey like this.
  4. I gave it an 8.5 as I do appreciate it's ingenuity even it it's hardly my favorite.

All Good Things has got to be out next right?

ohnostalgia and KingBruno like this.
  5. From what's left top 5 should go:

1. Get Ur Freak On
    2. Try Again
    3. Work It
    4. More Than A Woman
    5. Maneater

slaybellz likes this.
  6. Also Kii at 4 of the top 10 being songs that were co-produced by Danja and sound much more like Danja than they do Tim.

7. Ideal Top 5 at this point:

Are You That Somebody?, Say It Right, Work It, All Good Things (Come to an End), Try Again

8. Speaking of collaborators, whatever happened to Magoo? I swear he's like the DJ Jazzy Jeff of Timbaland world.

londonrain likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This Nelly slayhage what a woman

10. Hoping it would come soon so that they could die.

Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DieeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEE.

[​IMG]

Nelly Furtado - All Good Things (Come to an End)
    Score: 8,509677419

Highest score: 11 x 2 (@ufint, @Serg.), 10 x 8 (@GhettoPrincess, @haps, @londonrain, @berserkboi, @NecessaryVoodoo, @Conan, @K94, @Furball)
    Lowest score: 4 x 1 (@iheartpoptarts)
    My score: 9,5/10

So now Chris Martin is part of the top 10 in some way. And that in a Timbaland production discography rate! I must admit that I didn't know for a long time that he co-wrote this, but when I found out his presence didn't seem that unclear.

"All Good Things" is one magnificent, well-paced ballad. I've always praised the inclusion of the song on Loose. Aside from it not having similar thematics with the other songs on the album, the memory you get towards her previously released material once you listen to it makes it become more than a necessary track. It sort of works like a reflection.

Choosing this as a single at that point of Nelly Furtado's career was brave. Just when people got used to her becoming a more sexual suggestive artist, they decided to promote a song that contains lyrics such as "I want to pull away when the dream dies/The pain sets in and I don't cry/I only feel gravity and I wonder why" which turns this record into something far away from being comparable to the succesful "Promiscuous".

Even though this song doesn't reach heights as other ballads from her like "Try" to me, I do appreciate its placement on the album and the relaxation that comes with it.

"All Good Things" was released as the the album's third single for Europe in November 2006. It became the fourth single in the United States and Australia. The song received praise from music critics, but it was also criticized. It peaked at number one in more than 15 countries.

DJHazey (9) notes an interesting aspect: "Never sounds like the chorus should work with that self-disrupting melody, but it's such an earworm in the best way." That shows the amazing quality of the production! Sprockrooster (9) isn't really astonished by it anymore: "I have stanned this so much, but it isnot the high pinnacle of perfection it once was. Still very good!" At least you didn't become a hater like iheartpoptarts (4): "I feel like this is the boring Nelly single everyone forgets actually happened." I love "In God's Hands".

Heaven on Earth (8,5) gets into the details: "God, the whistle! The song just went to sonic heights with the whistle." ohnostalgia (7) cares more about Nelly's reputation that the details: "Ehhhhhhhh. I can't give Nelly a bad score but this feels like autopilot." Rightly so!

We close with GhettoPrincess (10) who needed time to fell in love with the track: "This is gorgeous, one of her songs that have really grown on me with time."

The music video had Gabriel Coss and Israel Lugo as directors and was filmed in Puerto Rico. It includes a lovestory between Nelly and a male model.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Poor Nelly. I'm glad this did so well but this feels like the least influential of the remaining songs, so I suppose I can live with this elimination.

12. Never heard of it!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  13. Count me OFFENDED.

DJ Jazzy Jeff is a producer (almost) as great as Timbaland. Let me direct you here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Jazzy_Jeff

If anything, Will Smith aka The Fresh Prince is the Magoo of DJ Jazzy Jeff world!

Poor Magoo...

iheartpoptarts and Sprockrooster like this.
  14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It's actually quite nice.

There was even a version with Keith Urban, to file under "Cash-In Duets That Nobody Asked For":

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

16. Right time for it to go. Beautiful song but not really illustrative of the pinnacle of Timbaland's work. Top 10 is fair, nonetheless.

17. Happy with the last two eliminations. I'd like to see Maneater go next, as it's the only song left that didn't get a 10 from me. This would be my ideal Top 8 order.

1. Work It
    2. More Than A Woman
    3. Get Ur Freak On
    4. Try Again
    5. Are You That Somebody?
    6. Cry Me A River
    7. Say It Right
    8. Maneater

GimmeWork and Sprockrooster like this.
  18. Thank you for bringing this back to liife <3

londonrain likes this.
  19. Cry Me a River next please.

berserkboi, Jwentz and GimmeWork like this.
  20. Don't be offended - I've got tickets to see DJ Jazzy Jeff! What I meant is he's not quite as famous as the other guy.

Um, you next please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.