Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP] | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Timbaland Production Discography Rate - FINAL REVEALS [WINNER + RUNNER-UP]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I really wrestled with that ten though. No other song in this rate flip-flopped between a decimal point more than "Say It Right." There were days this was 9.5 and there were days this was a 10.

londonrain likes this.
  2. I love the Wiki page quote for Here Comes the Rain Again. More like, here comes Nelly's reign again!

I feel like if Say is Right was made in 1999 with even more electronic production it would go above and beyond. I appreciate what it does as a ballad for someone who isn't an Adele or Whitney style vocalist. Timbaland should work with an up and coming singer whose name also begins with a T...

londonrain likes this.
  3. I hope Try Again wins. Its the first song i ever learnt all the words to and the video fascinated me.

londonrain, send photo, haps and 2 others like this.
  4. I cannot believe the finale is my fave from Missy and Aaliyah. I am happy either way.

5. I literally thought this as I read the elimination!

Quite why the former gets a pass I don't know...

londonrain likes this.
  6. 100% rooting for Aaliyah to take this.

londonrain likes this.
  7. So this means I have to reveal write-ups from two of the most important songs of the 00's at once?

[​IMG]

K94, Serg., Petty Mayonnaise and 11 others like this.
  8. TINI right? ~

AshleyKerwin and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

A Tinashe collaboration would make a lot more sense than his latest production credits:

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  10. I really can't be mad at an Aaliyah or Missy win because they are both flawless. I'm hoping for a Missy win though because she and Tim have made some of the most incredible music the world has ever seen together. Every single Missy album has been with Tim.

And I really feel like their music has been a true collaboration and that they raised the bar for each other creatively. Like you can't even get it twisted, you don't hear people attributing Missy's success to Tim or vice versa, not like some do with Max Martin and Britney, Backstreet Boys, Nsync or Nile Rogers and Madonna etc.. they rose up together and made each other better!

11. He's too busy stalling Tink's career.

AshleyKerwin and kermit_the_frog like this.
  12. It's a great finale, but the fact that Partition tanked out at #11 when the likes of fucking All Good Things broke the top 10 is... actually, why am I not surprised.

Either winning would be excellent, but I'd kinda love a Hip Hop track to win this, so I'll gently root for 'Work It'. It's inventive, so much fun, and helped cement Missy as being in a class of her own. AND THE VIDEO.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  13. We'll get Tori Kelly and we will all deal.

14. More like Partition making it all the way to #11 while Oh My by Tweet fails to make top 20 IS not surprising...

15. I love me some Tweet, so I'm with you on the support there. Scandalous jam for the ages.

16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It’s “Oops (Oh My)”, thank you very much.

It’s cute how you think the forum will have the sense and good taste to give Missy the scores she deserves in a Winners’ Rate.

17. Oh god I am not ready. I do remember from the writeup a lot of people would have loved rating Try Again instead of Are You That Somebody? So there is hope for that. Also the forum has gotten much more urbanified since the first winners rate.

AshleyKerwin, DJHazey and londonrain like this.
  18. And sadly the Selenas, Avrils, and Deltas of the world will still suffer.

19. We need to form that clique next time!!

DJHazey likes this.
  20. Thank god.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.