Tina Turner | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Tina Turner

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ScottStar, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Anybody getting the deluxe edition/boxset of Foreign Affair that’s released this week?

2. This is where I reply, "oh is it due already?!"....

3. I’ve hung back ordering it because, as you know, I think the box looks dreadful. I’m interested in the 2 disc but am fairly surely the packaging will be one of those tight, thin, cardboard sleeves with built in ringwear!

4. I pre-ordered it on June 4th, apparently.

5. [​IMG]

6. The thought that it’s arriving soon just made my day. Forgot about the actual release date.

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. It's a bit frustrating the way the amazon orders are arranged in the account history....so if you pre-ordered something weeks/months ago, it stays buried a page or two back, even when it's being dispatched. Same happened with the Fleetwood Mac 3CD Live release. It would be helpful if they were bumped up to the top according to order status.

IEngineered and idratherjack like this.
  8. Agreed. I am currently trying to work out if I have already pre-ordered Donna Summer's I'm A Rainbow CD, there have been so many reissues lately it's hard to keep track!

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. I’ve noticed with a couple of Amazon pre-orders (Diana Ross & Natalie Imbruglia), they’re not offering Prime delivery on the day they’re released. They’re apparently arriving the following Tuesday. Hope that’s not a new thing.

Hoping to see an unboxing video of the Tina releases before I make a decision.

idratherjack and Eric Generic like this.
  10. The estimated Tuesday delivery does seem to be a new thing unfortunately. I find they tend to arrive on a Saturday but I guess they are just covering themselves so we don't expect things on release day anymore (more's the pity!)

IEngineered and Tommy Johnson like this.
  11. Yep! I preordered it when it was announced. So looking forward to it!

12. Ordered this straight away, got it coming hopefully (had an issue with them) from Dig! music store (the box set and limited edition white vinyl), with the regular 2 disc coming via Amazon. Can't wait! What an album, what an woman!
    [​IMG]

13. I've got it preordered from Amazon as well, though I've actually only heard four tracks from the album (Steamy Windows, The Best, I Don't Wanna Lose You & Look Me In the Heart). Excited to listen to the full thing!

14. Think you will enjoy!

15. You'll love it. It's a great album. Be Tender with Me Baby is like an epic power ballad, Undercover Agent for the Blues is a nice throwback to her blues numbers but still modern; Falling Like Rain and Not Enough Romance are bops. Foreign Affair is one of my favourite Tina songs.

Eric Generic and IEngineered like this.
  16. Ooh. Just received my dispatch notification. To paraphrase a certain 90s freestyle girl group, my heart skipped a beat.

17. Same here! Bring it on!

IEngineered likes this.
  18. Guess which beauty arrived early? F67A625D-DFF5-4442-8932-7D909B9036D2.jpeg

19. Hurrah! Snap! Mine too!

idratherjack and IEngineered like this.
  20. Happy Foreign Affair day Tina fans!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tylerc, neinzedd, d2019 and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.