Tinashe - 333 | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - 333

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Yeah the frontal lighting flattens the whole picture. The back cover is a serve tho.

SiduousIII, Stopremix and godspeed like this.
  2. I don't want to hear any nitpicking of the lighting when the cover of Comfort & Joy still lingers in mind.

3. You rotted whore I had blocked that from my memory why’d you have to remind me dhdjdhkshfk.

soratami, elektroxx, Red Coat and 9 others like this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

TBH, her "label" era really fucked up her general perception. She been a workaholic from the JUMP. The way she would throw out mixtapes like they were a premium burger at McDonald's and not think twice about it. Hell, even Amethyst came out during the run-up after that Chris Brown audio disrespect. She has been running non-stop since she was first heard, and to think she was basically bullied by Twitter, laughed @ by Britney stans, undermined by...anyone that felt the meme was fun, and she never once stopped.

She has been spit on by literally everyone and not once did she ever not believe in herself. I don't know what that is, but as a fan, her self-belief has always been admirable. I look at her and simply feel strength. She really never let anyone tell her that they had control of her narrative. An inspiration!

5. All 3 songs are bops but them all being under 3 minutes had me worried a lot of the tracks on the album would be of similar length and… I was right nn.

6. On the topic of Tinashe’s public perception, I remember the interview she with the guardian really fucked things over for her a lot. She said she felt her words were taken out of context and people were just plain nasty to her on Twitter for ages for it.

I remember Kehlani having to step in and basically say on Twitter that Tinashe is literally one of the nicest girls she knows and the hate she continued to receive is uncalled for.

As everyone else has said, since leaving RCA everything just seems so much better for Tinashe. I believe that Songs For You worked in rebuilding herself back up. Plus during quarantine, she was one of the very few people still churning out content almost weekly whether it was IG gigs, remixes, features and music videos. She garnered a lot of good will from that, which was long overdue.

Those of us who have always stanned Tinashe been knew her with ethic is mad and she never compromises on quality. She truly was born to do all of this and I’m just happy people are finally giving her the respect she deserves.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  7. Can we have a Tinashe rate after this album is out?

K94, soratami, phily693 and 9 others like this.
  8. This is all tea, and I'll admit my own guilt in not necessarily engaging with the meme culture but kind of...letting my relationship with her work wane as a result of it? Like you said, any frustrations one could raise regarding her career exist entirely outside of her control, and from the jump she's been releasing a steady stream of excellent music (this being on her debut mixtape, she's been letting us know!). Even during the absolute depths of the RCA saga she still managed to give us Nightride in the midst of the chaos and confusion. She's always found a way to deliver, it's just so refreshing to now experience her doing so without obstacles in her way.

lushLuck, Mr.Arroz and Andy French like this.
  9. Dddd tea but the saving grace is there are 16 so it’s still a decently lengthed album.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. I'm perched and ready, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit devastated that we aren't getting one of her 5 minute epics on the album.

lushLuck and nikkysan like this.
  11. Just out of curiosity--do you all think Aquarius or Songs For You is the better album?

12. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

13. tea

tea

Bouncin is now her 4th most popular track on Spotify!

14. Yes.

15. Yes every day and Nighride too.

TRAVVV, FarAndBeyond, rdp and 8 others like this.
  16. Okay but I need a Doja remix of I Can See The Future

TRAVVV and superultra like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I just know RCA is mad. All that talent and you fumbled the bag. You had ONE job!

18. The RCA execs reading this and looking at Normani’s planned rollout:

[​IMG]

19. I know that Jeremih's moment ended a while ago, but I'd love if "X" was Tinashe's crossover hit.

Milotic likes this.
  20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

"White Labels Misreating Black Talent"

In this essay, I will...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.