Tinashe - 333 | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - 333

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Am I waiting for west coast midnight for a vinyl pre-order? Kill me.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

iTunes being unavailable is VERY anti-Black right now.

And yes to everyone complaining about my mentions of race this past week, they are VERY valid, stay mad!

3. If there's one thing Tinashe's gonna do, it's keep you waiting for a vinyl.

4. We’re about to get her NINTH full-length project, which is pretty wild.

Also I’ve just clocked that 3+3+3=9, her mind.

5. Girlies, how long until this preorder goes live? My eyes are shutting down.

He likes this.
  6. Physical preorders for Songs For You didn’t go up until over a month after the album was released. It’s probably not coming tonight.

TRAVVV, Butterfly and Bobbyrae like this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This isn't completely honest. I love her, but mentioning colorism as a weapon against her was very convenient considering that colorism always uplifts lighter, mixed-race Black women. She was right in mentioning how her racial ambiguity was a point of contention for her as a Black entertainer, but citing colorism as a fault was misguided and she was rightfully panned for it. I'm a light-skinned Black man that is completely privileged by my Puerto Rican and Choctaw heritage. I will never face the same shit that my other relatives will - colorism will always benefit me over them. She wasn't taken out of context - she misspoke and was dragged rightfully in that instance. I'm not giving her a pass bc she didn't deserve it there.

8. You’re right, lemme edit my post as I remember Tinashe saying in response to the vitriol she got from people that she felt her words were taken out of context. Lord know what the exact convo was that she had with the journalist but lemme clarify that bit. Thanks for highlighting this me.

He likes this.
  9. The way she never misses.

tea, K94, Dijah. and 3 others like this.
  10. OF COURSE Rascal is not on the album.

Do I even order anything thing time around?

11. Rascal my least favorite of everything she’s done recently. It was a cute song to hold us over but I’m glad it didn’t make the album.

Petty Mayonnaise, nikkysan and Jersey like this.
  12. Rascal was a cute leftover and that's all it was meant to be.

13. Just going through her discography and be damned if I'm not getting my life to Thug Cry, I know it's not the best on Aquarius but it is hitting just right.

[​IMG]

14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

And here I was thinking Rascal was one of her best this morning. Those operatic vocals, the endless hooks, the constantly changing melody and the way she just effortlessly glides through each one. Money, cash, clothes, fast cars.

[​IMG]

R92, Petty Mayonnaise, SMG and 25 others like this.
  15. I Can See The Future is gorgeous.

tea, 3Xs, superultra and 4 others like this.
  16. I love that she keeps making throwbacks to her older work. The Midnight Sun verse in So Much Better, I Can See The Future referencing Indigo Child, the Songs For You gloves on the 333 cover. Who needs to homage someone else when you have your own incredible body of work to pick from?!?

Dangerous Maknae, R92, ratedr and 7 others like this.
  17. Indigo Child should have been a full length epic song. A masterpiece.

18. I feel like this is shaping up to be her best album which is insane to me.

inevitable likes this.
  19. Just… iconic.

Slice of Life, R92, K94 and 34 others like this.
  20. She makes it look SO easy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.