Tinashe - Nightride / Joyride | Page 460 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - Nightride / Joyride

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Aug 27, 2015.

1. @Via Infinito do you listen to R&B outside of Rihanna? These pretty common tropes have existed in the genre before Rih started using them

2. It's really funny how the entire time I never mentioned anything about "icy R&B" and yet everyone keeps bring it up like I said it.
    As to the second point about her vocal technique, Rihanna owns that particular way of singing.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  3. well that's my point, I don't care about unheard, unknown R&B singers or one to two hit wonders, I said Rihanna made it popular. So the only people I listen to is Janet, Aaliyah and Rihanna. But Rihanna's music had its very own soundscape.
    Cassie has 1 hit and I don't know if I should care for Ciara and Ashanti.

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

5. Your point is completely invalid. Just because you choose not to listen to a wider range of music doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Rihanna's soundscape is shared with like 100000 other singers of various shades of popularity who'd be doing it regardless of Rihanna (Tinashe included).

6. BML

BML

Drake popularizing Jamaican patois teas.

beyoncésweave, acl, Ferk and 6 others like this.
  7. Did everyone try the No Drama? I thought the No Drama was mesmerizing.

8. Me in my 2018 listening log after I listened to No Drama:
    [​IMG]

9. Tinashe with bedazzled shoulder pads dancing in a dank corridor: very high replay value for me.

10. This thread is hysterical as always.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

This is aimless and the Crazy Aunt Tina wig in the video is hilarious. As always, I’m hoping something will catch on for her because she’s immensely talented, hungry for it and deserving but this isn’t the one.

tastic likes this.
  12. Thought this was ‘OK’ on first listen but it has grown on me immensely. The “they won’t AKA me, AKA a pop star AKA a problem...” is my favourite bit in the first verse and wish it was repeated in the second verse. However I always skip the offset bit, it’s just bleak.

13. Ya, this is actually stronger than I initially thought.

She finally sounds hungry again (“she probably is” etc) and she looks fucking flawless in the video. I mean this section alone:

[​IMG]

She’s got so much star power.

14. STOP

15. Considering I feel like I've heard this type of song literally 10000 times before, I've replayed this a surprising amount of times already. It's a real grower. It's snatched nearly a million views in a day too, which seems pretty decent.

Now don't fuck it up again sis ddd

16. Just for those who still haven't heard the solo version:

17. Liking the song and the video (minus the wigs) is great. Really glad she's gone more urban again. Do we know when the next one is coming?

18. Hmm, this really isn't doing much for me. The song knocks a bit, but it's nothing we haven't heard countless times before. A marked improvement over Flame for sure, but just not that exciting. I feel the same way about the video.

19. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was a fully separate video shot?

Strange.

Y’all are probably gonna drag me but the single version is far superior (both song and video).

20. Not you completely ignoring my PM. Why do you hate me so? cries

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.