Tinashe - Songs For You | Page 199 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - Songs For You

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Aug 29, 2012.

1. So I laid in bed while listening to this. Such a damn vibe, I’m honestly having a hard time picking a favorite.

RCA was out of their mind to stifle her like this. As what was already said you can tell how creatively rejuvenated she is now that she’s free from the shackles of that label.

She’s more than just another alt R&B girl she’s a woman with writing talent and uses melodies that lets you know who it is, something that many others in her field tend to get lost in without an identity.

2. After a couple of listens, I concluded that this is Tinashe at her best. This is a masterpiece. Currently Perfect Crime is the one for me. An amazing throwback Janet moment on the alberm.

3. Screaming that she raps her Jon & Vinny’s order in Hopscotch.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. Forget the Grammys, Songs For You is the album of the year!

Vixen and Contrail like this.
  5. Every single song is so good.

Exactly as I predicted, a true synergy of her sound. The constant switch ups and small details make it a really colorful, fluid listen, her voice and writing sound better than ever, and every track is a bop, even the less structured, slower ones. The house/disco-tinged songs are a surprise to me too, they work so well, and harken back to ‘Player’. Love how the Nashe songs were incorporated too.

I could go on and on, but I don’t need too. She’s so fucking good. So proud of my girl.

6. Just save room for us...

Oh fuck!

Stopremix and Vixen like this.
  7. It's such a vibe-y album. I just want to melt into its beats and melodies.

blaze_dave, Mr Blonde, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  8. Almost every song takes a left turn midway and becomes something entirely different. How peculiar and delightful.

9. This album feels like such a victory lap for her. After the artistic suffocation she endured in the clutches of RCA, SONGSFORYOU is akin to her rising from the ashes. She’s so talented, and the acclaim I’ve seen on here, Twitter, and various music blogs fills me with joy. I’ve been listening to her since before the release of Black Water, so this feels long overdue. It takes me back to the days where she would drop projects in rapid-fire fashion.

It’s not like she ever left, and it’s not like she hasn’t dropped great music while signed to RCA—as Nightride will always be one of my favorite bodies of work ever—but welcome back, Tinashe.

10. This has to be the most satisfying bit of popjustice I've witnessed on this forum.

11. Got these titties sittin' extra pretty in that bra
    'Nashe steady grindin', I ain't ever fallen off

[​IMG]

12. Save Room For Us is my favorite. I'm glad she hit the top of iTunes. She deserves it.

An Insider, Vixen and elektroxx like this.
  13. I am actually throwing my body around the room like fucking Olga in Suspiria. Control me Nashe.

This is so good.

14. I'm surprised it's that dancey yet so hypnotic. I was expecting the usual nocturnal vibe, but she really went beyond with this one, in the best way possible.

15. Love that the Brothers Kachingwe are credited on Perfect Crime. A dynasty.

16. Listening to Hopscotch

17. I instantly want another album.

Luckily Tinashe is the girl who can deliver year after year.

So Much Better, No Better, Touch & Go, Die A Little Bit & Hopscotch whew.

I must say I’m a little disappointed that the grimey kind of underground vibe Die A Little Bit has wasn’t further explored because she kills it... next album hopefully.

Jóga, Dijah. and HolyWater like this.
  18. Save Room For Us is getting the streaming push tomorrow on Spotify.

19. Those adlibs that come in at the end of Life’s Too Short are literal heaven.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.