Tinashe - Songs For You | Page 299 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - Songs For You

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Aug 29, 2012.

1. I couldn't agree with this tweet more. The second the clocks go back I have such an urge to listen to Nightride (and her entire discography really, but Nightride especially).

Kuhleezi, nooniebao, Jacques and 19 others like this.
  2. I always have the urge to listen to Nightride.

Kuhleezi, nooniebao, tea and 16 others like this.
  3. RJF

RJF

I always have the urge to listen to Songs For You... on vinyl.

4. Let's be honest, we'll hit the year mark before they arrive. I don't think the chances of them sounding very good are high.

5. RMK

RMK

Would love the mask cover more if it were textless.

6. Mhm

7. [​IMG]

The text is the vinyl album.

8. Pat

Pat

I can't at me cancelling the order for the vinyl like a half year ago, only to pre-order it again a few weeks later out of regret and the vinyl STILL not even being pressed... the fool is me.

Mr.Arroz, TRAVVV, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. Her next album/project sounds nearly done but she wants to wait until she can tour it to release... girl we don't have that kind of time.

Though I suppose she should at least wait until the vinyl of the last album has shipped.

11. Considering how good her virtual concerts were earlier this year she could easily get fans to pay to watch more with new material. I don’t really get how she of all people - one of the most forward-thinking, resourceful and savvy performers of her generation - would be hesitant of releasing stuff without traditional ways of doing promo.

Dijah. and elektroxx like this.
  12. I wonder if "Rascal (Superstar)" will be a part of the next project. It's too good to remain a standalone single.

Hyrulian, superloves, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  13. Tinashe found retiring.

Kuhleezi, Artangel, K94 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Given the size of her fanbase, it probably wouldn't be viable for her to do that. Certainly not a big money maker. Even though I'd throw coins at non-existent vinyl all day for her.

I guess she just doesn't want the labour she put into making the album to be for nothing financially? Frustrating but I can respect it.

elektroxx and lushLuck like this.
  15. I feel like that's going to be the case for a lot of artists, sadly. Many put stuff out this year to stay creative and keep buzz afloat. But if things don't change next year, I don't see many labels/indie artists expecting enough of a financial return to put out albums...unless you're a major star who doesn't rely on touring revenue.

16. Who doesn't rely on touring revenue though? Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce. I wouldn't be surprised if Dua spends her Pepe / YSL coin back on herself to fund for videos since her deal is unique.

Tinashe didn't even tour that much before right? I think there were two tours max?

Jacques likes this.
  17. Touring has been a huge blind spot for her, for whatever reason, and she's really lagging behind her peers in that respect. So waiting to actually having a decent, live-friendly project to take out to festivals and clubs would make sense for her.

18. The big pop girls don't exactly rely on any one thing. They remain profitable for themselves and their labels regardless. Sure, they make most of their money from touring, but it's not like any of those names can't afford their studio sessions without it. But I don't see labels investing in other artists without that guaranteed revenue stream in the near future. And independent artists like Tinashe don't really have any chance of making a return on investment in new music if they can't play it live, so I can't fault them for waiting.

Also, I don't really know that her lack of touring in the past was because of her. She was always doing local shows (there's a reason I've seen her live 8 times), so I chock that more to RCA.

19. Yeah I always fine it odd that for someone who is obviously an incredible and electric performer, Tinashe’s touring history seems so patchy. I mean, I feel like everyone knows she puts on a fucking SHOW.

When I saw her at KoKo in Camden it was literally her, a drummer and some dancers. Not a massive stage affair (though this was during her limbo period between Nightride and Joyride, so things between her and RCA weren’t the best), but she made the whole thing a spectacle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.