Tinashe - Songs For You | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - Songs For You

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The best song of 2014 so far! So amazing. Tinashe is a goddess.

2. I want this to be the new "Me & U" or new "Goodies" in terms of being a big hit now and then in a few years it becomes like a cool indie R&B cult classic!

3. What an amazing song. It's been on repeat since it came out.

4. This is INCREDIBLE. She can do no wrong.

5. This is one of the best songs she's ever released and it's the smartest move she could've ever done... this DJ Mustard guy has been popping up everywhere lately, there's a feature from Q who is associated with Kendrick (who's being praised on every site and magazine out now), and it's commercial pop-n-B with the influences of her mixtapes. That "OH!" at the end of the bridge has to be the best thing that's happened to music. Ever.

6. If 2 On isn't a "big song" on PJ there is no such thing as "Pop justice".

7. Chepedro is my face pj name!

8. I've left this on repeat and I have no inclinations to listen to anything else. The production is so slick.

9. Same, I just can't stop listening to it. Her vocals are fucking amazing, as is the production. I would complain about the "let's get fucked up" lyrics, but in all honesty, they're slick and on trend, and the melody/vocals are so nice, plus hey, they're fun.

On another note, Banks and Tinashe are quietly decimating everyone in the game, and I can't wait to see what both of my favorites do this year.

10. Her voice and that production... It's just so slinky, sexy and sultry. It's everything I wanted from her. I don't know how she does it.

11. THIS IS BRILLIANT. Sexy. And that slinky bass line.

WHERE DO I BUY IT?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Twerking to to the max to this!

*adds to workout playlist*

13. Whatever do you mean, Vasilios?

14. BML

BML

The 21st can't come soon enough! I'm obsessed and need this in HQ. I don't know why I've been putting off getting into her mixtapes, I really need to.

So this is her official first single then?

15. It's a very cute username!

16. Yes, she released some stuff like 'Artificial People' which was a throwaway bop, released singles from the mixtapes, but this is her first release under RCA. Judging by the online reaction, I really think this could have some traction on the charts.

17. I'm so glad the online reaction has been so overwhelmingly positive. I was thinking earlier, she has an incredible unique position, being right in the middle of the cool, alt-urban sound, yet still commercial music; that's one of my favorite things about her, and the fact that she and her label are still taking advantage of that makes me so happy.

18. Agreed! I think if ever there was to be a successor to Aaliyah, it's got to be Tinashe. I know the whole alt-R&B has been around for a couple of years now and she's not the first the tap into the sound, but she really has a commercial sheen (and dancing capability) that isn't really visible in her peers. I'd love nothing for than for her to be in the A-List of pop in 5 years, yet still releasing inspired, heavenly music.

19. This is brilliant. I can't wait to see her nailing the video.

20. K94

K94

What kind of blessed Gas Pedal/Rack City/ Partition JAM is this?? The production is brillant which is always the case for Tinashe. This album could really be incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.