Tinashe - Songs For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought: ‘Player’ is an amazing, icy, ethereal bop and it deserves justice*.

*As does the entirety of Tinashe’s career. Any actual news on the state of her and RCA?

I know it was "old" by the time Joyride dropped, put it would have slotted perfectly in with the rest of the tracks. I feel like it's gotten lost in the shuffle of the last few years which is unfortunate cause it's massive.

So ABC decided to skip on having a spring season for the first time and the ‘controversial’ way the last season unfolded is being cited as one of the potential reasons. Queen of taking down long-running reality shows.
What controversy? Or what exactly was different about this than Brandy getting eliminated instead of Bristol Palin? I never even heard people outside this thread talk about the eliminations this season.

So ABC decided to skip on having a spring season for the first time and the ‘controversial’ way the last season unfolded is being cited as one of the potential reasons. Queen of taking down long-running reality shows.

Isn't it just because of American Idol? Last year was the first time they skipped a full spring season and instead ran a 4-week athletes edition. I think it's as simple as them having enough programming to fill the space this year (ABC has tons of mid-season shows lined up). The Voice is suffering major ratings fatigue from airing twice a year, just like DWTS has been.
What controversy? Or what exactly was different about this than Brandy getting eliminated instead of Bristol Palin? I never even heard people outside this thread talk about the eliminations this season.

Outside of this forum it had nothing to do with Tinashe, but there was a lot of talk about how unworthy the winner was. I believe TVLine was one of a few sites who suggested they stop weighing audience votes so heavily. But this isn't the first season where that has been brought up.

RainOnFire

Staff member
Though it’s not yet clear what prompted the competition series to sit out a midseason run, Dancing is coming off a controversial 27th season. After multiple well-scored frontrunners were eliminated prematurely (including R&B singer Tinashe and Fuller House actor Juan Pablo Di Pace), the Mirrorball was ultimately awarded to country radio DJ — and very dark horse — Bobby Bones, who had scored much lower than his three fellow finalists.

No impact, they said!

Apologies if it was already mentioned but a version of No Contest leaked featuring Jeremih. It works so much better solo, so thank god he got removed. It features a few different production flourishes and alternate vocals but it's really nothing special.

Yeah I really need like a Google Drive folder or something because I don’t have the patience to keep up with all of these, but she’s got some absolutely fantastic unreleased tracks so I don’t want to miss any gems. Plus who the fuck knows when we’ll get anything official dddd.

Her first two albums truly are r&b excellence

Honestly, In Case We Die, Reverie, Black Water, Aquarius, Amethyst, and Nightride is a run of mixtapes/albums that are nearly unmatched. It's so sad that Joyride sullied her perfect streak. I hope she's able to get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.