Tinashe - Songs For You | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Tinashe - Songs For You

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinashe, you can do better.

2. I'm here for it.

I am not here for that single cover however. Why?

3. I don't mind Iggy but this doesn't seem worth it.

4. Iggy and that single cover? Tinashe you can do so much better...

5. Why the Iggy hate? All Hands On Deck was the song everyone wanted to be the next single?
    If this garners her more commercial praise then i'm all for it.

I would love to have had Cold Sweat as the next single, or even Bated Breath, but never mind...at least I got to see her perform them live which was perfect in itself.

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Iggy is trash and so is the single cover. I love how easily she's tainted her entire era since it began.

7. Dag

Dag

I don't mind the single cover?

8. She looks bored on the single cover.

9. It's like a bad album campaign in reverse. Everything leading up to the album was peak-Janet and everything after the album has been peak-Nivea.

10. Boy the tides have turned on Iggy, I hope she brings it on the feature cuz this track is junk.

11. *attempts to remain composed*

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This doesn't need Iggy. She's becoming the new Pitbull, having to feature on everyone's songs.

13. It really doesn't need Iggy, but don't act like 'All Hands on Deck' isn't a jam. I'm just mad she isn't continuing her streak of awesome, cool rapper features. Why not get Currensy or ASAP Ferg or something? Or just leave the song alone?

Regardless, it's not that big of a deal and I have no problem with her doing all of this commercial stuff. It's not like this and 'Drop That Kitty' diminish her greatness and depth with its banality. Besides, didn't she say something to the effect of the second album being in motion for this year?

14. She needs the exposure guys if this is a hit. My casual pop loving friends have no idea who Tinashe is and she's exactly what they should be loving - and they all know nothing about the Iggy """controversy""". They are touring together, it's more to help with ticket sales. And the cover is super cute. Not every pic needs to be fierce!!!! and full of weaves.

15. Sorry boo, it just totally sticks out from an otherwise perfect album. It reads like a total "if nothing sticks after 2on maybe this will do" song.

16. I love 'All Hands on Deck'. The production is obviously on trend but it's sharp and bouncy and her voice sounds great. Really melodic song too.

17. It sounds like a bad attempt at early/mid Rihanna to me, which is the exact impression she shouldn't be giving the GP.

An epic video for Feels Like Vegas could really get her music and style out there.

18. I loooooove 'Feels Like Vegas'.

I wish the bass in the chorus dropped harder, but it's still amazing.

19. Oh Feels Like Vegas is definitely better and among the album's Top 3. I never really liked Hands that much.

20. It just feels more true to the unique sound she has to offer, I wish it would get it's moment to shine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.