Tintin | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Tintin

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by AudioScience, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Can't wait to see it, though not sure whether to wait for the 3d blu-ray and catch it in the cinema in 2d or the the 3d... probably the latter

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It doesn't always, but the 3D did give me a headache afterwards this time. There's so much movement and camera angles flying around that I think it, literally, messed with my head.

3. Saw his today. Amazing. I knew I'd like it, but it was even better than I thought it would be. Great pacing, great script and Andy Serkis' Captain Haddock is a hoot!

4. Dag

Dag

I thought it was a bit forgettable. Entertaining while it lasts, but unlikely to bother any of my end of year lists.

5. jtm

jtm

45 each or for the complete set?

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

7. jtm

jtm

The box looks so small though?! I'm tempted to buy, but I have the originals lying around at my parent's house somewhere (though in bad shape).

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I've seen it in the shops, it's about the same size as the normal books. The dimensions are on the Amazon page if you have a tape measure handy!

9. jtm

jtm

Oh yes, I see them. Thanks a lot.

10. well, I was so impressed with the film, I've bought it (well, ordered it when they restock)

11. 22.3 cm though - they're the small versions, just noticed that.

12. I get told i look like Tintin alot...

13. I FINALLY saw the movie and thought it was really good.

It was one of the most beautiful animated things I've seen this year.
    The way it flowed story-wise and camera-wise was really really well done.

The whole motor-chase sequence was soooooooooo AMAZING.

14. This has just been released on DVD - I can't used to these quick turnarounds from cinema launch to buying on disc!

Much as I loathe promoting any of the main supermarkets, the one beginning with "S" has an exclusive, limited-run 2-disc version. And it's even cheaper than amazon's 1-disc edition. Pity about the naff yellow case!

15. Watched this at the cinema and enjoyed it ... Tried watching the Blu-Ray and both of us fell asleep ... Doubt I'll ever try to watch it again ... It doesn't help they are having to use a poor story so they don't get bogged down in any of the politics and racial stereotyping of the other stories ...

16. I'm the opposite - I've seen the blu-ray twice already.... the 3d (which is amazing on blu) helps. The sequence with the unicorn are a genuine tour-de-force (to say the sort of thing that appears on dvd covers)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.