TLC

Re: TLC are back! New song Rainbow, new album, 20th anniversary tour

Please don't judge Namie too harshly! She really is amazing in Japanese.

A tour with a hologram instead of Lisa Left-Eye is quite disrespectful and a little bit distasteful in my opinion. This doesn't sit well with me in the slightest.

They should really face the fact that TLC without Lisa will never be the same again.

A tour with a hologram instead of Lisa Left-Eye is quite disrespectful and a little bit distasteful in my opinion. This doesn't sit well with me in the slightest.

Was there another update on this? Last I heard they were weary of the idea also. It was in an interview from earlier in the year.

Can we just let this thread fall into the abyss? Please? For me?

^I agree. Namie and TLC have known each other for over ten years and this collaboration is just a 'gift' for the Japanese fans and nothing more.

S

StraightActing19

I don't care who the Japanese flop is, she's ruined EVERYTHING.

They should have just released Put 'Em Up with Chilli instead...

Not a fan of Waterfalls anyway (I find it really overrated) but yeah, Namie's sounded better in English

mi|kshake~

I don't care who the Japanese flop is, she's ruined EVERYTHING.

Stop being so ignorant. She is hardly a flop and if you want to blame a party, put it on Chilli and T-Boz they obviously co-signed to the idea of re-recording their classic. Not once but twice. They obviously don't care about preserving their legacy.

Last edited:

Flopie Flopuro!

Joking...and I'm fairly certain tommie2 was as well. Have they really known each other for 10+ years?

Honestly, Namie embarrassed herself the least in this mess. TLC was the first band I ever loved and my first concert, but they really have no business reuniting now after all these years if they're going to be this lazy about it. I knew this couldn't go anywhere good after seeing a few episodes of that reality show T-Boz had...

Flopie Flopuro!

Joking...and I'm fairly certain tommie2 was as well. Have they really known each other for 10+ years?

I believe so. Namie was supposed to release a single called Put 'Em Up with Chilli in 2000, but she ended up releasing it solo 3 years later.

Praying it leaks or something.

I believe so. Namie was supposed to release a single called Put 'Em Up with Chilli in 2000, but she ended up releasing it solo 3 years later.

Praying it leaks or something.

Yes, Namie worked with Dallas Austin on her 4th & 5th studio albums (Genius 2000 & Break the rules) and Put 'Em Up feat. Chilli appeared on the early tracklist of the later album. When the reworked solo Japanese version was finally released in 2003, she revealed she was scared how her fans would react to the original song's English lyrics...

[video=youtube;ml6CDIm4M6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml6CDIm4M6U[/video]

TLC made a cameo in Namie Amuro's Hands On Me (around 0:45 in the video):

[video=vimeo;68267998]http://vimeo.com/68267998[/video]

V

vasilios

TLC with two people WILL NEVER WORK. Same with Bananarama. Trios should be trios.

I've just given this 20th Anniversary shite a listen. Why have they re-recorded the tracks using cheep karaoke backing tracks? Don't they own the rights to release the original versions on this album? They should have just recorded fresh up to date versions not these cheap knock offs.

The cartoon artwork is cute but Lisa's "Left-Eye" ink is on the wrong side!!! Gee.

On a happier note, how amazing is the 3D bonus track "Who's It Gonna Be". This has only just recently come into my life.

Last edited: