TLC

Loving the stripped down No Scrubs. Is this unreleased?
It was only released on a compilation album as far as I’m aware. I’m sure I bought it on iTunes a few years ago but the only version on there now is this No Scrubs EP.

Great version though and love the Left Eye intro.

It's scary to think both Crazy Sexy Cool and 3D had false starts with singles only taking off after a third video or after a second single was released.

It was only released on a compilation album as far as I’m aware. I’m sure I bought it on iTunes a few years ago but the only version on there now is this No Scrubs EP.

Great version though and love the Left Eye intro.
Thank you. The vocals sound too polished and... mastered to be a live studio-recording, yeah? Wished there was also an alternative mix using the original's instrumental.

Do their team/label know that the Unpretty video is an edit? MTV used to show the full version normally... T-Boz and Left Eye's plot lines are completely gone here.

Mvnl

Staff member
Dd yes sorry
Were any of the pre Scrubs singles proper singles though?
Or the kind of 'they were actual singles until they flopped and then called buzz singles'?
Find it hard to see them kicking off the era with anything but No Scrubs and the way the other singles were treated wasn't exactly 'we're back!' either

“Silly Ho” was a buzz single wasn’t it?

Also, the Stripped Version of “No Scrubs” is AMAZING, holy shit. AND it has Left-Eye’s rap? Brilliant.

Sad the A capella isn’t with Left-Eye and even weirder since the Instrumental is based off the Rap Version.

That Left-Eye rap in the Don’t Look Any Further mix should’ve been on the radio version honestly. As pretty as the “oh-oh-ohs” are in the proper song, the rap should’ve been there instead.

Was "My Life" planned to be a Fanmail single at some point as a US promo vinyl was released? Shame this wasn't included among the recent uploads...

OC02OTAyLmpwZWc.jpeg

MC0zMzA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

As I remember it, the band presumably had a bit of turmoil and visuals etc were definitely not ready for album launch.

Silly Ho - buzz track serviced to clubs and radio but no physical release (I remember it being played on Trevor Nelson and my excitement multiplying)

No Scrubs - first single, video not ready until several weeks after it had been in the UK Top 10

Unpretty - traditional release with video ready in advance

My Life - listed on album sticker (indicating upcoming single) but never officially released in UK

Dear Lie - no video as I remember but released with minimal radio play

“Silly Ho” was a buzz single wasn’t it?

Also, the Stripped Version of “No Scrubs” is AMAZING, holy shit. AND it has Left-Eye’s rap? Brilliant.

Sad the A capella isn’t with Left-Eye and even weirder since the Instrumental is based off the Rap Version.

That Left-Eye rap in the Don’t Look Any Further mix should’ve been on the radio version honestly. As pretty as the “oh-oh-ohs” are in the proper song, the rap should’ve been there instead.
It's not though?

Dear Lie did have a video

The video release was pulled in the US. Apparently the group weren't happy with it, but I think it's fine for what it is? I wish they would've released it anyway. They look beautiful if nothing else. I was shook when I found it existed in the mid-2000's.

Not being able to follow up the two US #1's was a big fumble, but obviously there was a lot going on behind the scenes. The album had so many potential hits, and they just dropped the ball.