Tommy Page RIP | The Popjustice Forum

Tommy Page RIP

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by mguyb, Mar 5, 2017.

1. So sad to hear about Tommy Page's passing today. I was a huge fan and this is a really tragic loss....

REST IN PEACE

Tommy_Page_-_From_the_Heart.jpg

londonrain and Eric Generic like this.
  2. This one comes as a a shock. Obviously because of the alleged circumstances, but also because up until a few years ago I only knew him from when he guest starred on Full House and I thought he was a fictional popstar created for the episode!

Since then he's really had quite the varied career in the music business -- artist, A&R at Warner Bros., publisher at Billboard, artist and brand partnerships at Pandora. The man did quite a lot for someone who's perceived as a one-hit wonder.

3. Devastated since I heard.

Jeffo likes this.
  4. Also BOP

5. Sad news, never heard of him before, but this topic made me discover his music and his debut is amazing. It sounds like the Lewis Martinee-produced PSB album that never was.
    RIP.

londonrain and Vasilios like this.
  6. Shoulder To Cry On was huge here in Greece. Radio just decided to hammer it for years in the late 80s.

7. I know the name from an 80s compilation I have. Big in the US for a bit.

8. I only know him from that one Full House episode, and I too thought he was completely made up for the show. I'm finding out now that he was very talented, and very real.

RIP.

9. A Shoulder to Cry On was great (much better than #1 I'll Be Your Everything imo) and got me to buy his debut which turned out to be surprisingly dance-y in a good way. African Sunset was my favorite after Shoulder.

RIP...

10. He was touring Asia just last year. This all seems quite bizarre. Such a shame.
    He also remade "I Break Down" a couple of years ago, one of the few good tracks of his 2nd album.
    The lyrics are so eerie now if you think about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.