Tones & I - Dance Monkey | The Popjustice Forum

Tones & I - Dance Monkey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  2. I'm not that convinced by her voice, but the songs are bops.

It seems she will be huge, doing big numbers already.

3. Tones and I is an Australian pop singer-songwriter. She released her debut single, "Johnny Run Away", on 1 March 2019. Her follow-up single, "Dance Monkey", was released on 10 May 2019. She will release her debut EP, The Kids Are Coming, on 30 August 2019.

“Dance Monkey” is a huge song in Australia at the moment. Number 8 on the official chart last week and currently number 1 on iTunes and Apple Music:

4. Hey not your fault. The search engine doesn't work and hasn't for ages.

5. I saw her busking at Byron bay back in Jan and I am so happy she is doing well in Australia! Great voice.

Snapped up London tickets as soon as they came out with my friends I who I was in Bryon with.

6. To perform on the streets

to this in a year

is pretty wow.

elektroxx and notyourmate like this.
  7. I... wish her well, but just can't get past the Sia-in-a-blender vocals.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  8. She's awesome, thanks for bringing her to my attention!
    I feel like G Flip hasn't fulfilled the potential from her first single yet, and never really found Mallrat anymore than pleasant, but the songwriting of Tones & I perfectly balances quirkiness with catchiness.

9. If we're comparing, Mallrat is still the best. Her lyrics and sound is more distinctive.

ladygagaogaga likes this.
  10. Has been fascinating seeing Dance Monkey blow up over the past few weeks. It just leaped past Señorita to become the most streamed song in Australia right now on Spotify, and has got to have a good shot at number 1 on the ARIA chart this week. I love a good underdog story.

nooniebao and daninternational like this.
  11. Dance Monkey is number 1 in Aus now!
    First Australian women to do so in 5 years.

12. ALMA deserves her success.

13. A few weeks I heard Dance Monkey for the first time. And this week I came across The Kids Are Coming, not knowing the're by the same artist. Colour me very excited for her.

14. The Kids Are Coming was promoted heavily yesterday by the radio channel we have on at work and after first hating it I totally turned around and now I kinda love it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.