Tones & I - Dance Monkey | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Tones & I - Dance Monkey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. I sensed Gotye stanning and came as fast as I could (which is not much):

2. I wince every time I think about her vocal on this. The fact that it ended up being the longest running #1 ever on global Spotify... I can't wrap my head around it.

Leopold, Jwentz and mylesofsmiles93 like this.
  3. This is really is a strange situation of a song being such a massive hit for such a long period of time, yet, I had never have heard it until I actively sought it out, and a lot of other people I've spoken to are in the same boat. I've heard this song out ONCE in a club and it was a dance remix (which actually sounded much better than the original).
    Regarding Gotye, I'm not sure why this song is getting dragged into this, it was a nice slice of 80s throwback adult pop in the vein of Peter Gabriel, The Police and Kate Bush. At least it kept the likes of Ed Sheeran at bay for a while.

tea, Mikey1701, enjoy and 5 others like this.
  4. I kii everytime I see this song get dragged because I think I still haven't heard it yet? Or if I have, I didn't put two and two together. Must be nice to live under a rock when it comes to what's played on the radio.

Somebody That I Used To Know was and still is legitimately a great song, and I'm always grateful for it giving Kimbra some success. She deserves so much more. Gotye's albums are also underrated, and mostly more arty than the aforementioned song.

Drag the turds fun. put out at the time instead.

5. Two new songs have been released today:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    jawow_ likes this.
  6. Why do they sound like they were sung by two different people nn

Verandi likes this.
  7. I've heard this song once, and only because I sought it out to hear what the fuss was about. Spoiler alert, I didn't hear what the fuss was about.

tea, Mikey1701 and Crisp X like this.
  8. I really feel she will be a one hit wonder outside of Australia。

9. aux

aux

Good.

10. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I always find there’s some enjoyment to be found in most of her songs but the amount of shit you have to put up with to find it makes the whole exercise pointless.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  11. Bad Child grew on me, it's catchy.

12. I hate everything about her

13. She seems like a nice enough girl (who's surely not 20 years old but wanting to be younger is kinda relatable tbh) but I'm quite happy to see she's on route to be a one-hit-wonder outside of Australia.

14. But why??

15. Well, Tamar, have you ever heard Dance Monkey?

16. They play 'Dance Monkey' on my street every Thursday before 8PM. Let the plague in.

TRAVVV likes this.
  17. I've come around to "Bad Child." I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it, but I do low-key bop to it.

18. Let's see. The doo-da Habbo baby pronunciation of words, frumpy old maiden outfits, gargling-shit ad-libs and then of course... there's cock-blocking Dont Start Now from #1! Get ma jist?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.