Tones & I - Dance Monkey | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Tones & I - Dance Monkey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. "Dance Monkey" is currently No. 1 on Spotify worldwide and in twenty-one countries.

notyourmate likes this.
  2. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I think this thread is one for Pop & Justice now. @2014 do ya thing.

3. Ddd at this being number one around the world and nobody here giving a shit about it.

4. It's a hideous curse of a song. She sounds like someone from a bad, local improv troupe trying do a Sia impression and a Björk impression at the same time, and the lyrics are total nonsense, if you can be bothered trying to make them out. The GP's gonna GP though, I guess!

5. Sorry, it's so wrong of me to post such negativity in this thread but good christ, it's like she's trying to sound like a cross between a baby and a saxophone while doing that god awful indie voice that I was praying was on its way out. This is one of the worst top 40 songs I've ever heard, if not the worst. I can't even believe it.

ChaosDevil and spaceship like this.
  6. Interesting that her age is quoted as 19 everywhere yet this old Facebook page would suggest she's actually 26..

7. A big Bebe Rexha's "I'm actually 19" mood. Her power.

8. I'm surprised at the complete lack of interest in her on here. Dance Monkey is refreshingly different and great to see it at #1.

9. I’m not exaggerating when I say this song makes me want to off myself

10. Worst song of the year hands down.

11. I can't get this freaking song off my head, it's catchy as hell. And her voice is interesting, to say at least. I didn't hear the EP yet but I'll give it a go anytime.

maneater83 likes this.
  12. 14th week at #1 in Australia:

Hitting its 14th week at #1, ‘Dance Monkey’ by Tones And I breaks the ARIA Charts record for most consecutive weeks at #1 on the Singles Chart.

Tones And I is now the Australian female artist who has spent the second most amount of time at #1 over her entire career. This week she equals Delta Goodrem’s 14 weeks but has a long way to go to reach Kylie Minogue’s 30 weeks.
    https://www.ariacharts.com.au/news/2019/dance-monkey-hits-14-weeks-at-1

Island and GRMusic like this.
  13. I kept seeing this song on iTunes and for some reason had it in my head that it was some kind of novelty kids song like Baby Shark but featuring a dancing monkey. Finally listened to it yesterday and it turns out it's worse.

Cognitive Dissonance and lilylu like this.
  14. The locals never cease to amaze me with some of the slop they'll lap up.

Island, Runawaywithme, Bslg17 and 3 others like this.
  15. The people I work with love this song, the radio gets turned up every time it comes on....

16. It's a song you like or hate but it's definitely a hit, I had no doubts the first time I listened to it. It stands out from everything on the charts.

17. Of course you'd like it.

18. This song might actually be the worst #1 of the decade, which is impressive.

19. If this somehow blocks Dua from getting to #1 in the next weeks I-...

20. I am living for this absolutely annihilating releases from the likes of Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber etc. on the ARIA charts this year.

Island, wodny, berserkboi and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.