Tones & I - Dance Monkey | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Tones & I - Dance Monkey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. SMG

SMG

Wait I’m kinda shocked at the hate for this in here? I don’t get why it’s the huge smash it is but it’s a pretty big bop.

2. Tis a conundrum.

3. Well... uh... at least this thing song took a record away from Ed Sheeran. I guess.

ladygagaogaga likes this.
  4. I would imagine it's the horrific vocals? They remind me of when Janet on X Factor forgot the words to Mmmbob, just... panicked noises.

Wishlight, LPMA, Sunny B and 2 others like this.
  5. Just heard this for the first time, and...yeah, hard pass on those vocals. It’s like she’s trying to be Sia, Alma and MØ at the same time

K94 and theincredibleflipper like this.
  6. I only came across this song a few weeks ago and hated it, especially her voice... but fast forward to this past weekend and I had it on repeat at full volume after 3/4 vodka's... help!!

Deleted member 30181 likes this.
  7. [​IMG]

Entropy, Suburbia and Blue6010 like this.
  8. You put this out!

9. ...with a heavy dose of bawka-BAWk-abawka Netta.

Andy French likes this.
  10. What's the story behind this?

11. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I mean, it is what it sounds. Eden XO released a cover a few weeks ago, and then a little while later it disappeared from all streaming platforms almost certainly because of legal issues. Though I just noticed it's still up on Soundcloud.

MarlonBrando86, Island, Mikal and 3 others like this.
  12. It's pretty obvious why is a huge song, it really stands out from everything, it's the kind of song you know it's going to be a hit the first time you hear it.

13. She's back! Her version is so much better.

Mikal and OspreyQueen like this.
  14. I hate this song SO much.

Laurence, ohdenny, Bslg17 and 2 others like this.

15. She seems really sweet.

Island, AcerBenII and Mikal like this.
  16. She reminds me of Honey G, except with some talent.

AllRed likes this.
  17. This will stop Mariah form number one in some places right?

Makes it even more unbearable. I hate this, and I hate all the Karens from finances who already ask me if I love this song to and want to see her live etc. because “isn’t this the kind of music you like?”

No, this is disgusting.

Wishlight and spaceship like this.
  18. I'm stanning the fact she's lying about her age because I'm a messy homo and love a scammer, but the song remains utterly utterly dreadful from every conceivable angle.

19. I'm Australian and I only heard this song for the first time today because I saw that she won some ARIA Awards.... This is so bad, wtf.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.