Tones & I - Dance Monkey | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Tones & I - Dance Monkey

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Babycakes was the first song I heard on dry land after a horrible weekend literally lost at sea, so I will always have a soft spot for it!

This is trash.

2. Babycakes slaps and FURB is iconic. They’re both infinitely better than Dance Monkey. I really don’t understand the appeal but then the British public seemingly do nothing but disappoint me recently.

stuaw and FINISH LINE like this.
  3. Oh I had FURB blasting in the office last week (alongside Eamon) and Baby Cakes has been stuck in my head since 2004. No shade.
    Just artists who came out of nowhere and were all of a sudden at number 1 (then disappeared).

4. I’d rather be locked in a room with Babycakes and FURB on a loop for the rest of my life then have to hear Dance Monkey ever again.

5. I haven't listened to FURB in such a long time and I remember it being extremely popular and after just listening to it now again in years.....wow I didn't remember the vocals being that horrible.

6. I read this has been number one in Australia now for twenty weeks!?

7. May as well stream both of them while we're here girls!

Whew.

8. I'm screaming that Ms. Toni Watson can just come in, wreck every single country's charts with this unrelenting piece of shit song for six months and then probably never have to work again. Kind of goals, to be honest.

9. Well I still think it's pretty great.

jawow_ likes this.
  10. I still haven't heard this in full, and judging by the snippets I don't want to.

Crisp X likes this.
  11. Of all the flop indie pop girls to stan the GP chose this.

12. Dance Monkey encouraging Babycakes slander? It must be defeated.

13. The fact that this abomination of a song is probably headed #1 in the US once the Christmas songs die off...how are the GP so late AND tasteless. Pick a struggle!

Island, johnny_tsunami and stuaw like this.
  14. Every time I see the title I'm reminded of this (superior) novelty bop

15. Just noticed this dropped from #1 to #10 in the UK this week.

[​IMG]

STILL somehow #1 in Australia though.

Island, JMRGBY, Runawaywithme and 2 others like this.
  16. It's bound to rise back up at least three places once the Christmas tracks drop out of the Top 10 next week.

17. It only fell as far as #10 because of "ACR"

18. There are some points ACR has made.

nicetry, Island, dylanaber and 11 others like this.
  19. Back to No. 1 this week in Australia and No. 5 this week in the UK.

20. My only problem is the vocals and nothing else. Its like she needs to clear her throat just once to sound normal.

Toxic84, londonrain and Fanatical like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.