Toni Braxton - Spell My Name | The Popjustice Forum

Toni Braxton - Spell My Name

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Apr 6, 2020.

1. New single released today:

2. How does she still sound this good at 52?

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

52...is not old? She took care of her instrument and celebrated a birthday every year. The hang-ups about age are a mess.

4. I was thinking of how other artists' voices have declined over the years and complimenting Toni that she hasn't done likewise. If there are any hang-ups on display here, they aren't mine.

5. Sounds a bit like a leftover from the last album...

6. If there’s another album even half as good as Sex & Cigarettes consider me keen.

This is cute.

beautifulmorning and Pop Life like this.
  7. I lovey share of Toni

8. She needs another dance banger like the remix of “Coping”

mrp2910 and TRAVVV like this.
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Any idea if this is actually the start of an album campaign or if this is just a one-off?

10. I love this! A new album in 2020 would be amazing.

Pop Life likes this.
  11. Excellent news and as expected it sounds fabulous!

Pop Life likes this.
  12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This is really nice (although she could make anything sound beautiful with that voice), but it doesn't hold a candle to anything on Sex & Cigarettes.

Sprockrooster and londonrain like this.
  13. Toni has that special thing where as soon as you hear the song there is no mistaking whatsoever that it is her. Another amazing song to add to her collection

14. "Do It" is really nice, I'm glad the quality is bridging over from Sex & Cigarettes.

Pop Life and Daniel L like this.
  15. God, I needed new Toni this week.

Daniel L likes this.
  16. I've been obsessed with this track in the last few days and it made me realize how many amazing unreleased songs Toni has: Get Loose, I Hate Love, Stay and Rewind to mention a few. The last two are up on Spotify, I hope the rest will be added at some point too.

londonrain likes this.
  17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Stay and Rewind weren't unreleased, though - they're on the iTunes deluxe edition of Pulse and are very much available. I think Stay was an iTunes exclusive until very recently, when Warner Archives put it on streaming, but Rewind was a B-side to the Yesterday single and so has been available for a while.

Daniel L likes this.
  18. She said the new album is coming. The first single was supposed to be a dance track but with covid-19, they changed their minds.

Daniel L likes this.
  19. Yeah because what everyone wants right now is to not have new music to dance to at home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.