Toni Braxton - Spell My Name | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Toni Braxton - Spell My Name

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Her voice really is extraordinary and doesn't get enough credit I think.

2. Pop Life, Sleepycat and londonrain like this.
  3. Why was my first thought that Fearne Cotton had a singing career I hadn't heard about?
    Some nice picks there.

Pop Life, Staticboombox, Mvnl and 2 others like this.
  4. SATURDAY NIGHT!

topopMAC1, Daniel L and Butterfly like this.
  5. Is everything.

6. Alone on this island, but I really like the bonus track.

She actually recorded two albums worth of country adjacent swamp-pop soul songs around 2008. The bonus and Sorry off of Sex & Cigs are very reminiscent to those recordings. I’m strangely into it.

TRAVVV and Pop Life like this.
  7. Signed copies sold out.

8. I never got into "Sex and Cigarettes", I was actually pretty disappointed with it (I know I'm in the minority there). "Long As I Live", however, is a career highlight and one of the best things she's ever done. I was a massive fan of "Love, Marriage & Divorce". What an awesome album!

Waiting patiently for my CD of "Spell My Name" to arrive (I know, I'm old school) but I really like the singles. Have they actually been playlisted anywhere in the UK? I can't believe "Sex & Cigarettes" made the top 40 here but it doesn't look like "Spell My Name" will make the top 100!

9. No, haven't heard anything of it anywhere on any station. Shame, but not too expected.

10. I think "Dance" would work really well at Radio 2. I think "Long As I Live" was playlisted by them?

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  11. Dance is great, in my top 3 of the album (the others the title track and Saturday Night), and yes, very radio friendly.

12. It's been added this week!

topopMAC1, Pop Life, Mr.Arroz and 3 others like this.
  13. If the vinyl is a neon yellow like the cover typeface - it will be a serve. But I anticipate a classic black

topopMAC1 and TRAVVV like this.

14. I kinda wish this was the album title.

She said there's a deluxe coming at some point & even hinted at more vinyl than just for Spell My Name.

Love, Marriage & Divorce 2 looks to be in the pipeline as well.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Shia, RainOnFire, Zinone and 6 others like this.
  15. Yikes @ T.O.N.I.

Thankful that was cancelled, dddd.

Daniel_O, Mr Blonde and TRAVVV like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Okay, but Spell My Name as an album title has been ruined for me by Megan Thee Stallion’s verse in WAP.

17. Great news! Deserves higher than the C-list though. Not many songs climb from there overall on Radio 2.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  18. YES! Dance getting some form of Radio airplay is great!

topopMAC1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.