Toni Braxton

Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

I hope this new album feels like more of an album than Pulse. The tracks themselves were mostly good but compared to Libra and More Than A Woman it just felt like a load of old tracks thrown together with no thought put into sequencing and the overall sound of the album.

Maybe Get Loose will finally find its place in the world - that was a seriously missed opportunity, was gutted it didn't end up on Pulse!

HandsTied is one of my favourite songs of all time. Pulse had its moments but they left off the best stuff! Get Loose, amazing song and such a waste.

They ruined Lookin' At Me on the album version. I was pissed and I'm still not over it.

Wow. I could do without the obligatory dance breakdown but that's got a hell of a groove to it.

Dance doesn't sound promising. Her only shot at radio play is on Urban radio, primarily Urban Adult Contemporary, not Pop/CHR. Meh.

Seeing as this is being given out free, I hope it's just a buzz single. As much as I would love for it to be her 'Believe', it will probably do nothing. The song itself is really good for a dance song though, I LOVE the "what am I gonna do?" parts.

But as Khia Shamone said, if she wants any kind of realistic success, she needs to stick to stuff that will get played on Urban radio.

She's probably realised her days as a marketable artist are over and she's just making the music she feels like making.

UnderPressure said:
She's probably realised her days as a marketable artist are over and she's just making the music she feels like making.

Doubt it. I reckon "tryna-compete-with-them-young'uns" is more likely.

God, these ravey dance breakdowns need to go away from music like right now. They're so awful and so overdone.

The second part of the song is much more interesting than the first par (mostly beginning).

The beginning is my favourite bit! I love how mysterious it is and the first "what am I gonna do?".

I'm a bit 50/50 about this so far, this is the first ever Toni lead single I haven't wet my pants over after first listen.

It's not terrible though, so maybe will grown on me.

I hope the album is good, the last one was brilliant from start to finish.