Toni Braxton | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Toni Braxton

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by captaincroc, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Shame it won't be a commercial success but what a tune.

2. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

She said in an interview on Wendy Williams that her illness has thinned out her hair a lot, so that's the way she has it to make it look thick. Obviously she can wear a wig, but it's nice for her to show off her natural hair now and again

3. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

I quite like Toni Braxton... but this song isn't really commercial. It would do well in the club or the dance charts but this song isn't going to take her back to the top of the US charts. Tamar, her younger sister is a much better vocalist and i think her music will do better considering her husband and manager is Vincert Herbert and she is signed to interscope records. Isn't Toni independent now?

4. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Whoa.

And the best part of Tamar is that she is forever destined to be a flop. The day she actually makes it and has success to back up her attitude is the day I stop being a fan.

5. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

I think Tamar might actually get one hit out of her solo career but then flop miserably.

But NO at Tamar being a better vocalist. Toni IS the business.

This song isn't amazing by any means mainly because of how it starts but when that chorus kicks in it makes me want to dance.

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Toni was my first big concert! London September 1997!

7. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Does anyone know when her new album is released? I really enjoyed Libra and Pulse.

8. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Can someone tell me what she means with the lyric "It's like Men in Black"?!? Is she fantasising about fucking Will Smith?

9. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

she'll never have a career that toni had.. but she is the better vocalist between the two. even toni and the entire braxton family admitted it. tamar sounds like a mix of mariah carey and her older sister toni.

10. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

I definitely agree with that. Tamar has aspects of Toni's greatness but seems more versatile and not as husky-mumblin' as Toni is.

11. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Tamar is probably has a bigger range than Toni but HELL NO is she a better vocalist. Toni is a legend.

12. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

I'd say that Tamar does have the strongest voice out of all of the sisters but she doesn't know how to use and control it. I remember during the Braxtons (3 piece) days thinking she had a big voice but just kinda belted it out and that lack of skill opinion I had was sorta confirmed on Family Values when they were having vocal coaching.

Trina is probably the best all rounder and most versatile but lacks a distinctive tone. I felt in the Braxtons that while Tamar packed a punch Trina was the one who held the songs together and despite being a bit more 'generic' sounding had a lot of character because she knew how to use her voice.

Toni ticks all the boxes, her voice is powerful, it's distinctive and she has control over it. She's got the tools, knows how to use them and more importantly has that USP... hence what made her the most commercial.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. Re: Toni Braxton - I Heart You (Single) / 7th Album

Are there any updates on this album? Toni is one of the my favourite old school artists. I still listen to 'I Heart You' and want more!

14. Toni Braxton retires from music industry

Quite sad about this, I would've liked to have heard her 8th album, I really loved I Heart You!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c.../toni-braxton-will-no-longer-record-new-music

15. innamor.

innamor. Guest

Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

[video=youtube;gYpVpM7TNTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpVpM7TNTA[/video]

16. Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

I think the music industry retired from Toni Braxton a long time ago!

17. Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

That was my initial thinking, too, sadly.

18. Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

Tamar """smashing""" must have been the last straw.

19. Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

I'm sure she wishes she would've agreed to that Braxtons reunion now.

20. Re: Toni Braxton retires from music industry

"Record companies keep calling me but I'm really not interested". Now you know that's a damn lie, Toni.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.