Top 150 Best Selling Stock Aitken Waterman Singles | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Top 150 Best Selling Stock Aitken Waterman Singles

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by gezza76, Jul 22, 2013.

1. It so should have been #1. All the pop girls seem to go much more sexier and mature on album #3 for some reason, but no one did it better than Kylie. A game changer and then some.

Eric Generic likes this.
  2. I think my reaction was, phwoar. And then I melted.

Rooneyboy and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. Not surprised!

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. You wouldn't believe how often I rewatched the World Premiere on VHS that weekend!

(the better version seems to be blocked on youtube due to copyright!)

It really was a massive change in image and sound at the time (I know it doesn't seem so in retrospect).

5. Pete Waterman: "we reinvented the wheel with Better The Devil You Know".

6. I wonder if Kylie got some tips from Cathy Dennis that Christmas?

[​IMG]

7. "Better the devil you know" was the first Kylie single I actually liked…I remember seeing the video and thinking "That Michael Hutchence has corrupted her…and turned her into a sex kitten!"

Eric Generic likes this.
  8. Kylie circa 90-92 was the first time time I ever felt any semblance of national pride!

(And it's been a pretty infrequent affair ever since...)

phoenix123 and Hairycub1969 like this.

9. Before I'd read about this, I was listening to 'I Should Be So Lucky' on my walkman, and the batteries started running flat, playing the tape at something like half speed. I noticed it *did* sound like Rick Astley before I knew about this theory!

10. A bit off topic, but this cracks me up:

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. Tsk, unforgiveable. To think, the singer, thingy, was responsible for her biggest ever hit years later….

Rooneyboy and ohnoitisnathan like this.
  12. I remember those rumours but had never actually tried slowing it down - it sounds just like him!

13. This is equally uncanny.

idratherjack likes this.
  14. I'm so happy that this exists on the internet (and other people remember it too) and isn't just me wanting to believe something when I was 12. I've always loved a good conspiracy theory!

Eric Generic likes this.

15. I ADORE the little head bands Kylie was rocking during this time.

[​IMG]

phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  16. Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I feel like I'm just goi through all of @gezza76 threads that I haven't already read. I've obviously not been commenting on anything as they're so old but felt I had to add to @Baby Clyde list...

Madonna - 84-91
    Lady Gaga - Fame/Monster

phoenix123 likes this.
  17. I know this is from 6 years ago and Ricks version probably leaked years ago but for anyone who hasn't heard it here's a rough demo of Rick singing some of Nothing Can Divide Us

And someone even made up a duet version...

18. The Rick version wasn't the best... so he made the right decision I guess.

19. Yeah, he seemed to really struggle with the higher notes!

20. Rick's a great vocalist. But yes, I can't think of him singing Nothing Can Divide Us at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.