Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 1015 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. I know, I'm shook by that even. Also thought he was much older at the time.

blod likes this.
  2. Just want to add some more love for seeing Kelli on Story of '97. I agree with Kelli - Eternal did make it easier for many bands that came after them, and not just girl bands.

It's a shame that they don't keep the legacy going.

3. It was insane that they never followed up their number one with another single until Angel of mine. Were things that bad between the Bennett's and Kelli at that time? Or were there no other single worth tracks left on Before the rain?

4. I agree, what they achieved was amazing and alas, so cruelly forgotten. Shame it ended so badly, but at least we will always have the music.

5. The latter

Wishlight, Island, Mike and 5 others like this.
  6. It wasn't a massive gap between the two singles either. They played I Wanna Be.. on radio all summer.

7. Going to a Greatest Hits on the back of a #1 would also have been more appealing to the label, rather than a #8 middling effort.

8. Same, but don't these "Story Of" shows only ever focus on UK acts? Having Aqua on is surely a rarity... the only other non-UK act I can remember is 2 Unlimited.

9. They had teh Cranberries on 94, and I'm sure Terence Trent D'arby in 87.

10. How could you have forgotten Whigfield?

11. And Rozalla. And I'm sure there have been others...

12. Rozalla was UK-signed though.

13. I try every day.

Wishlight, Servalan and Deborah X like this.
  14. especially on a Saturday night....

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. True, and what an Greatest Hits is was too. Such a strong set.

dangeleyes and Eric Generic like this.
  16. I'll be honest, I haven't watched 94 to 97 yet!

17. Her live vocal was one of the best I’ve ever heard on TOTP, she hit every note and those were some notes! Because of my age I only became familiar with Temptation through the 1992 remix so that’s my preferred version.

CDMCLP, Hairycub1969 and idratherjack like this.
  18. Carol Kenyon's amazing vocal makes Temptation, original or remix.

19. Heaven 17, East 17, Hangar 17 (a Children's BBC show) - all 1992 things to me!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  20. Were you reading Just Seventeen as well? While listening to The Regents "7teen"?

CDMCLP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.