Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 1017 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Travesty. Even my husband, who is not particularly a Madge fan, said "tune" when it started.

Blaahh and Hairycub1969 like this.
  2. Deeper And Deeper, is a delight and truly underrated.

3. Daddy couldn't be all wrong.

Wishlight, simpsonaj, Blaahh and 4 others like this.
  4. I heard that somewhere too. If it’s true, Gary must have hated it even more!

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  5. The obvious references to The Sound of Music and her own Vogue, while incorporating them into a completely new song, definitely does work here.

The balloons in the video signify something don’t they? She loses the last one at the end… she’s not dying is she? Oh no, that’s the next single, Bad Girl, where she really does die in the video (worse - murdered) and comes back as a ghost at the end (or something).

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    Hairycub1969 likes this.
  6. Mine was Little Jimmy Osmond’s Long Haired Lover From Liverpool, all of you thank yourself lucky!

dangeleyes, lob0to and Hairycub1969 like this.
  7. heartmightmelt likes this.
  8. You have my commiserations, I hate that song too but console yourself with the thought that there's always someone, somewhere worse off...

"Can you tell what it is yet?"
    Official Singles Chart Top 50 | Official Charts Company

*weeps*

dangeleyes, Hairycub1969 and Blaahh like this.
  9. What's quite strange is that for years I thought my birthday #1 was "Every Breathe You Take" which I absolutely HATED thanks to that AWFUL maudlin cringe-fest 1997 Puff Daddy etc single. When I discovered it was actually "True" I put it down to a rounding/date error when I must have worked it out as I was born on the very last day "True" was at the top. Then recently I discovered there was a whole other #1 single in between ("Candy Girls" by New Edition) so now I've no idea how I was mistaken for such a long time.

At least I sorta like "True", although I'd never actually play it by choice.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  10. My birth date is 6/9/69 and the UK Number one was..."In the year 2525" which was covered by Visage in 1980!

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    heartmightmelt and lob0to like this.
  11. True was also number 1 on my birthday except I’d already had several birthdays by then.

12. Think mine is something like Knock Three Times by Dawn, which I've never been interested in hearing.

Alan and Hairycub1969 like this.
  13. Coz I Luv You by Slade. Actually only their second hit, but the first of six number ones for them.

lob0to, Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  14. It’s quite good....

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  15. Mime is Duran Duran - The Reflex. Always been happy with that

Blaahh, Hairycub1969 and RaggedTiger like this.
  16. Mine is a really shit one. 'Woodstock' by Matthews Southern Comfort. I'd have preferred the previous Number one, 'Band of Gold'. At least everyone knows that one!

dangeleyes, lob0to and Hairycub1969 like this.
  17. If it's any consolation one of my Ex's was at the actual event itself! The original Woodstock concert - not your birth that is!

18. Mine was Down Down by Status Quo - not their best, but a pretty good tune nonetheless. I was born mid Jan, but it had only *just* knocked Lonely This Christmas by Mud off the top spot. Why people were still buying that I have no idea. My husband's was Elvis, which seems really weird for 1977 until you figure out that he was born a week after Elvis died.

19. Telly Savalas was at number 1 and replaced by the Bay City Rollers on the day I was born.

Hairycub1969, Eric Generic and lob0to like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.